Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,478 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Hi

10 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome George!

Lots of great advice to choose from. 

42 days was a great milestone!

Did you have coping mechanisms?
Did you work through the program?
What caused the relapse?

Do share with us!  As you can see the members are here to help you every step of the way.

We look forward to helping you through this journey.

Josie, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey George!!!

Welcome to the SSC!!!  It's great to hear that you have not quit quitting!  Whisper has the right idea in telling you that you should consider your 42 days as a test quit and make your upcoming quit your "forever" quit!    Stick close and learn as much as you can from the Program and from the posts from your new quit buddies here on the Forums!  Knowledge is a powerful tool to have when fighting our addiction!

Try to maintain a Positive Mental Attitude know in your heart that you CAN do this!  Understand that to be successful you will have live by N.O.P.E.... Not One Puff Ever!  If you want your Freedom more than you want to smoke, you WILL do this!    Start psyching yourself up for your journey towards freedom!  It is so worth it, buddy!

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,197.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1057 Hours: 20

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi George,
 Sorry to hear about your slip, but happy to hear that you are not giving up! Not too many people can quit without a slip. Stress is a very powerful partner of the nico-demon. I hope you have learned something from this slip up. You can do this as you know, you've did it before for 42 days which is a great start. Don't be too hard on yourself for your slip up. We're behind you all of the way. If you need any help just ask. There are a lot of good people on this website. Hang in there!
  • Quit Meter

$23,153.35

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 770 Hours: 13

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 38

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 89 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello George.
Wow you sound like me. It totally sucks when you relapse due to stress, I know because I've been there way too many times. The good news is, that you're trying again...and this time, you're going to do it. You will succeed. 42 days is a brilliant start and also the grounds of the start of a good solid quit, so let's not call it a relapse, let's just call it a practice run, and now you're ready for the real deal.  
You really have come to the best place for great advice and support. The old timers (I mean that in quitting time  ) are all so helpful and are always a constant support to everyone, they even bump up posts for us newbies to read. Quite frankly I cannot praise the members on this wonderful forum enough.
Remember to stay positive George, you can do this, we all can. It may feel a bit rough to start with but each time you say 'no' to nicotine, you go a little further along the process. So be patient with yourself, remember your reasons and motivation, respect your triggers and refuse to act upon them, don't put anything stupid in your mouth and just keep choosing not to smoke.
You can do this George.
Take care and stay strong. 
10 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 Kalos Orisate George,

42 days is quite a long time to be quit.  Did smoking solve your problem or your stress?  I doubt it.  As Penitent says, "Smoking does not help."

Do stay close to us here and read lots and post lots.  Everyone knows what it is like to quit, and we can support you.  Is this your first attempt at quitting?  

Whatever it takes, just don't smoke!!! 

Love Lolly.    
10 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome George,

Well done on 42 days and sorry for yesterday's slip. I am pleased to see you that you are straight back on your quit. That tells me you are serious.

One thing you might learn from your slip is that no matter how stressful life becomes, smoking DOES NOT HELP!!

Plenty of support at this site; stay close and use it to your advantage. You can do this!!!

Good Luck,
Penitent  

• Quit Meter

$56,683.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1122 Hours: 18

Minutes: 43 Seconds: 46

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi George. 

First of all, congratulations on making it 42 days. I'm sure you learned a few things in that time. And congratulations on being ready to start again tomorrow.

If you need anything--information, moral support, etc--just let us know.  
  • Quit Meter

$22,495.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 601 Hours: 9

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
   Hi my name is George,22,greece,smoke for 6 years 40 a day on average,quitted 42 days ago and relapsed yesterday after lots of stressful events.
I quit again tomorrow.thx 

Reading this thread: