Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,496 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

I need to quit smoking

5 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow! I am so sorry you had to go through that. It sounds completely unbearable! 

Relapses are very common. It sounds like stress was a trigger for you. Prepare by learning alternative ways to cope with stress. I hope you are able to quit quickly and successfully. You can do this! We can help you get there again.

Ashley, Health Educator
5 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Alexis001,
 Sorry to hear about your pains. I hope you are feeling better now. Stress is no reason to start smoking though. It's just an excuse. You are going to have stress throughout your life, for one reason or another, and you just need to learn how to deal with it without using that nasty cigarette with the addicting drug nicotine in it. You have quit before so you should be able to do it again. 
 It's been a whole day now since you posted. Are you still on your quit journey? How did today go for you? 
Stay strong.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,165.45

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 770 Hours: 23

Minutes: 5 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello! I am here because I want to share my story with you and maybe you Will Learn from my mistakes.. Last year in winter was the hardest time of my life. MY doctor prescribed me the contraception pills because I was having problems with my hormones but before that he asked me if I am a smoker because I could have problems if i take the pills while smoking. I was smoking but i didn't think that it is possible to happend something bad for just 3 months of treatment. After 2 months of taking the pills i started to having problems with my breathing, i couldn't walk 2 minutes whithout the sensation of sufocating om the street. One night i rembember i coudnt breath and i was in paint so the next Day I went to the UR. He identfied the problems. I was diagnosed with pleural effusion. I stayed at home for a month, tooking pills but nothing helped. The pleural effusion extendend to my right lung and The pain was unbearable. After another month of suffering I had the hardest 2 weeks of my life,i couldn't breath at all, if i was breathing i felt like a million sttabing knifes in my lungs i couldn't walk or talk or eat. I wasn't a person anymore...but my father have me aspirin everyday and after 2 weeks i found out that he saved my life. I had what is told TEP pulmonary embolism and i could have been dead right now.. At that Time I quit smoking but after another Time of stress I am smoking again.. And i want to quit again so mouch starting from today.
  • Quit Meter

$90,810.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 3159 Hours: 2

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: