Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,491 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

It has been a long time

11 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sparky..Nice to meet you and glad your back...I am in your corner and cheering for you all the way.

Red..

11 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sparky,

Nice to meet you. Sorry that it's under negative circumstances. I'm sure you can kill this demon. I'll be glad to hear of your progress and cheer you on.  
  • Quit Meter

$22,505.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 601 Hours: 14

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 46

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 639 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh, Sparky, welcome back! To every thing there is a season....enjoy the springtime of your final quit. Glad to have you back. Keep the quit, Dave
  • Quit Meter

$50,416.83

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1123 Hours: 3

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jim, good to "see" you.  I promise I will reach out.  So far it has been okay.  But then I know what to expect since I have done this so many times.  I just want it over.  The one thing that I have done over the years was there was no smoking in the house which kept my smoking down to about 8 a day.  When I first quit I was smoking a pack and half to two packs a day.  But then a puff, a smoke or whatever is still smoking.  I just want this demon to die.  Thanks Jim for the offers.

Keep the Quit
Sparky 
11 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HEY  SPARKY!!!!

Welcome back from the bottom of my heart, buddy!!!  I am so happy and glad that you have returned to give that demon it's final butt kickin'!!!    I've returned from a short trip and will be here for you every day!  I know you know exactly what you need to do to get er' done.  Please know that I am also just an email, private message or phone call away if you need a hand!  

By the way... congrats on getting that first day under your belt!  That's usually the hardest one to get under your belt!  Time for a reward, eh? 

Hugs!!!

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,212.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 3

Minutes: 44 Seconds: 43

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sparky, good to see your words. Not so great about the stress and loss you are suffering! Please remember you are the greatest gift that can be given. Our loved ones are only a thought away... hugz
  • Quit Meter

$56,417.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 692 Hours: 17

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you all for the support. I knew I could count on my "old" friends. You all have heard my woes over the years.  I have one more "stressful" thing left on my plate, but it is not go stop me from moving forward.  After all these years maybe just maybe it will stay empty long enough for me to get where I need to be. The support I have received over the years for SSC is amazing.  My family here not only supported me though many attempts to quit but they were there for me and my husband while we were going though everything.  He always commented on how special my SSC friends were.  Again thanks you all so very much.
Keep the Quit
Sparky 
11 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome back Sparky. I've never doubted that you could slay this dragon. I'm still and will always be in your cheering section. Excellent for you. breather
11 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My condolences Sharon but now I think the time is close when you can, at last, embark on your final quit.

To lionise Dewey in this manner will keep your quit so close to his memory that you are unlikely to deviate.

For you and for him, please do it!

Best Wishes
Penitent

• Quit Meter

$56,705.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1123 Hours: 3

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 1095 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My dear Sharon:

I know where you have been and where you are now.  I lost Roxie two days before Dewey passed.  I wanted to smoke, drink scream and shout yet some how I managed not to do those things.  Even though we had much time to get ready for their passing it still hurt like hell.  I commend you for your courage and desire to honor Dewey by starting your quit .  I know it will be your final and successful win over the cigarette monster.  If there is any thing I can do to help you please do not hesitate to contact me.  When the craves hit pick up the phone and call me and we will walk through the crave until it passes.  

Happy Easter Sparky and my God bless you.

With love

Duffis

Reading this thread: