Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

Second Attempt

12 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How are ya going today?  I know how it feels when you give up and start again!

I'v reached day 5 today, and having done this before, I know that this gets easier and easier.....

Just keep up positively telling yourself  you can get past the next craving....
12 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sounds like you have a lot of motivation!

That's great.  Now it is time to prepare with information.  Use the support group and program as tools to help you quit.  You can do this!  We will be here to support you every step of the way!

How do you think it will feel once you are one month smoke free?

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
4 days is a good start. I work swing shifts as well, and I have the same issues with work breaks... I really found using the nicorette inhaler helped with this for the first few days, because you can still say- "hey i'm going out for a smoke" take a few relaxing puffs, get rid of that anxious feeling and go back to work. Not quite the same as smoking, but definitely has the same tangibility, and it sounds like that's what you're missing most. Maybe after a few days of that, you will be able to replace smoke breaks with something different. (i just pop a piece of gum and step away from what's stressing me out for a few minutes)

good luck i am SURE you can do it. you have good motivation. 
12 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This will be my second attempt at quitting, well my second serious one anyways.  I quit for 4 days back in June, and it almost wiped me out. I was doing ok until I went back to work, then I found myself feeling sick and tired all completely stressed all day.  I work swing shifts at a power plant, so going out for a smoke is one of the few breaks and moments of peace and quiet I get.  It's hard to go without, and after that first day back to work, and about an hour of apologies to my girlfriend, I went out and bought a pack.  I set my new quit date for October, I want to be done with smoking by my daughters 2nd birthday in December. I'm 24 years old, been smoking for 8 years, and enough is enough. I don't want my little girl to remember me smoking... and my girlfriend used to smoke until she found out she was pregnant, stopped on a dime and never went back.  I never want her to start again, so I have to do it for my girls. This site really helped me get my priorities in order, and helped show me what i can really gain from quitting.  Looking forward to being healthier

Reading this thread: