Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

Hi

13 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tenn,

Welcome to out support community!  It is important and essential to be ready for anything.  Using coping mechanisms will help with those every craves.  Going through the program can help you cut back and give you amazing knowledge about this addiction.  Go through each milestone closely and slowly, to really gain the full impact.

Post often with us, as members do know where you are coming from and can be of great assistance to you!

We look forward to hearing how you are doing!

Josie, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 410 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Azhure! You are not alone! All I ever thought about was getting this monkey off my back! The last thing I want to do today is smoke! You can do this!
All the best!
cameless

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 12/17/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 988
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 24,700
Amount Saved: $8,212.75
Life Gained:
Days: 193 Hrs: 10 Mins: 36 Seconds: 44

13 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi I've been a smoker 15 years now....and tried everything.  And I mean everything.  Have had some modest success, but have never stayed smoke free more than a 4 month period straight.  I am attempting this Again Sep 1st and am very very hopeful.  Recently my sister purchased an e-cig and she has been successfully cigarette free for 3 weeks....of course she can step down her amount to less and less and eventually zero with this particular brand. 

So I have also decided this may be what I have been looking for.  I like this device....honestly I don't see how it is any different than using a patch, gum or inhaler with nicotine in it other than it is way more "natural" to me as a smoker and help in the anxiety of "letting go".  At least that is the case with my sis. 

Wish me luck :)  And I am to be "smoke free" sept 1st, but of course not nicotine free for a few months :)

Azhure

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 10/11/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 324
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,480
Amount Saved: $1,620.00
Life Gained:
Days: 25 Hrs: 20 Mins: 17 Seconds: 25

Reading this thread: