Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,461 Members

Please welcome our newest members: splumley, Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA

Countdown to Sunday

14 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Cherz!
Congratulations on your decision to quit. You have received wonderful advice. So I just want to add that you should stay positive and 100% commited to your quit.
Own your quit. This quit is about you and for  you, so stay in control. And protect it!
Keep the ice water on hand, and the deep breathing too!
I'm rooting for your success!
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 167
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,505
Amount Saved: $250.50
Life Gained:
Days: 19 Hrs: 1 Mins: 17 Seconds: 38

14 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Cherz! Spend some time here this week preparing for your quit, read all you can, old posts and new, do the program, there is so much helpful information here and the more you read the more it will help you!
Congrats on deciding to quit, you can do it, so many of us have, and we are here to help you do it too!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 857
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 21,425
Amount Saved: $9,041.35
Life Gained:
Days: 113 Hrs: 11 Mins: 25 Seconds: 0

14 years ago 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cherz.

You can do it. On another site i read that nicotine has no IQ, you can outsmart it easily if you think. So swot up look at the horror stories of victims, study the physical effects. I blocked or ignored those things for years as a smoker. As soon as i forced myself to be attentive to them things got easier.

You can do it.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/6/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 3
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 60
Amount Saved: �17.55
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 12 Mins: 38 Seconds: 20

14 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome cherz!

Rock has covered all the bases, yes. Just to reiterate; read, read, read . The more you prepare the better off you will be. Also, post, post, post; you will get so much support and information here.

NOPE is right. Another important acronym to know is GUAAT! Guard Up At All Times.  The sneaky nicodemon is always trying to pull you back to the addiction.  Even when you least expect it so be prepared and GUAAT!

You will do great.  We are looking forward to getting to know you better.

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome cherz......Sunday will be the start of an amazing journey for you.  Not one of the easiest you've had but one of the MOST rewarding.
Rock has covered most all the bases.  Do come here and Read and Post.  The support from here will carry you over many of the bumpy spots.  Let it happen.  We all did it and we all pay it forward.  That's what this family is about.
Remember N.O.P.E. ( Not One Puff Ever).  We're addicts and if we take a puff it becomes two, then ten, then back to a pack a day or more.
Take one day at a time.  Be ready for your addict to try to get you to smoke, it will.  But each time you say N.O.P.E. it gets easier.
You can do this

Keep the Quit
hugggggggs and coooookies
Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 163
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,890
Amount Saved: $684.60
Life Gained:
Days: 34 Hrs: 3 Mins: 13 Seconds: 8

14 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cherz, welcome to the SSC and congratulations on making the decision to quit smoking!  You've picked a great day to stop smoking!  Have you gone through "my program" to plan for this quit?  Preparation is key to a successful quit!  Set up your quit meter and and it to your postings from "my profile" so you can see your numbers add up.  Read, read, and read some more.  There is so much information here on the SSC site!  Use the search feature to look up topics important to your quit.  Post as often as you need, if only to rant and rave.  Somebody is always near by!  Set up a reward program to celebrate each passed craving (small reward), each smoke free day (medium reward), and each smoke free week (larger reward).  Drink lots of iced water to flush the toxins out of your body.  Most importantly, treat yourself like Royalty!  Pamper yourself!  Take care of yourself!  This quit is all about you!!!  We're all rooting for your success!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 323
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 12,920
Amount Saved: $3,230.00
Life Gained:
Days: 48 Hrs: 4 Mins: 48 Seconds: 13

14 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome and glad to see you here..This site is the best place for anyone who is quiting,has quit, or like myself and you fixing to quit...You will find lots of friendly and supportive people here..Don't be afraid to post as often as you like even if it is just you letting some feelings out,we are here to listen and support you and everyone here...Sorry to here your stressed so much..Just remember that you are stronger than the ciggerett's and that you can do this and we are here to help and incourage you along the way..There are people here that are way more experianced than myself and they can lend you tips and advice to things that helped them...I will say a prayer for you to help lift some of your stress...Hang in there and go through your program..Oh and congratulations on deciding to better your future by stop smoking...

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/30/2009
Smoke-Free Days: -20
Cigarettes Not Smoked: -400
Amount Saved: $-80.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 0 Mins: 0 Seconds: -134391

14 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I will start my smokeless journey on Sunday evening. Over the past several months I have been smoking more and more due to stress and anxiety caring for my elderly mother. Smoking has been my escape, resulting in a dead-end route!  I happened upon this site by sheer luck as I was referred to another by a friend. Karmic!

Reading this thread: