Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,473 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

hi all

14 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Wayne!!!

Welcome and congrats on some great looking stats!   I know that they weren't by choice originally, but they are yours!!!

All I can recommend is that you read and learn!!!  There is so much to read in these forums that will help you to understand the nature of this addiction and how to deal with different aspects of your quit!  Another thing this will do for you is to provide you with a distraction!!!  Sometimes that's just what you need when the nico-demon starts nagging at you!  Also, yell for help when you need it!  We'll be here for you!

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 428
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 10,700
Amount Saved: $1,765.50
Life Gained:
Days: 72 Hrs: 14 Mins: 43 Seconds: 13

• Quit Meter

$44,197.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1057 Hours: 19

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Wayne and welcome, I am sorry I was a little late in welcoming you- sounds to me like you have very good reasons to keep this great quit going, you are doing so well already and that was without any preparation as you said.
I hope the support you get from here will give you the strength to keep going, everyone here genuinely wants you to succeed and anything we can do to help just holler- good luck and welcome again.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 362
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 9,050
Amount Saved: $5,430.00
Life Gained:
Days: 42 Hrs: 17 Mins: 56 Seconds: 34

14 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi , Thanks to all who replied I really appreciate all of the good direction I have been given. 

My Mileage
Smoke-Free Days: 64
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,582
Amount Saved: $928.00
Life Gained:
Days: 10 Hrs: 12 Mins: 24 Seconds: 9
14 years ago 0 597 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Wayneo and welcome!  Glad you have joined us. 
Boy, sounds like you have been through quite a lot the last two months.  I have COPD after 30+ years of 2 packs a day.  Wished I'd have quit when I was younger and before health became an issue, but you are doing it now, and that is what counts.  You will have that desire for awhile, but keep reminding yourself of how you felt in that hospital room, because we don't want a repeat of that!  This envelope is full of good wishes and continued improvement in your health!  Glad to have you aboard!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/22/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 197
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 7,880
Amount Saved: $1,576.00
Life Gained:
Days: 22 Hrs: 4 Mins: 55 Seconds: 19

• Quit Meter

$52,260.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 739 Hours: 4

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 49

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Wayneo, congratulations on your 2+ months smoke free!  You've been given some great advice!  We all have a different story of what caused us to start smoking, but we all have a similar story of why we want to quit.  I hope you are feeling back to normal soon after your hospitalization.  The cravings occassionally occur, but keep saying N.O.P.E. and they will go away.  Post here if you have a severe craving then wait for 5 responses before you act on anything.  The nicotine is out of your system after 3-4 days.  Now its just the mental addiction trying to draw you back.  And that's why we all are here.  To put together a plan to fight the nicodemon.  By helping ourselves, we are helping other.  By helping others, we are helping ourselves!  Keep taking it one day at a time and you'll go far!  We're all rooting for your success, and your continued journey back to health!!!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 260
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 10,400
Amount Saved: $2,080.00
Life Gained:
Days: 38 Hrs: 19 Mins: 45 Seconds: 6

14 years ago 0 802 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi wayneo - welcome to SSC.  I'm sorry to hear you've been having health issues, but I am glad to hear that you haven't smoked in over 2 months.  You've received some great advice.  Read through some of the old posts, gain as much knowledge as you can about this horrible addiction, and stick close to this site.  Everyone here has the same goal, and there's strength in numbers.
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/3/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 490
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 9,800
Amount Saved: $3,724.00
Life Gained:
Days: 53 Hrs: 12 Mins: 0 Seconds: 35

14 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
wayneo,

Welcome to the boards and congratulations on making it to day 3! That is great news!

You have received a lot of great advice from other members here. Take some time to navigate through the site and read the resources available here. Many members have found them helpful in their quit.

Don't forget to reward yourself when you reach those milestones! This will be incredibly important when making your quit successful.

Continue to post and let us know how your quit is going, we are here for you every step of the way!

Sarah, Health Educator
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 855 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wayneo, congratulations on the  2 months and 3 days, sounds to me you have reason to stay quit, come here for support , this place is the greatest, good luck and feel better :) Tresa
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/8/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 2463
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 59,112
Amount Saved: $10,344.60
Life Gained:
Days: 319 Hrs: 23 Mins: 23 Seconds: 56

14 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
(sorry, computer problems- part 2...) anyway- no matter when you post, there is always somebody around in some country around the globe :-))
Keep water ready to drink, keep healthy snacks ready, keep yourself occupied and come visit us all as often as possible.
We are there for each other- and for you.
Cat

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/14/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 22
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 440
Amount Saved: �101.20
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 19 Mins: 31 Seconds: 44

14 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello and welcome to the club!!
I'm glad you found your way here- you have been through hard times- and it WILL get better now. I am finding this site enormously helpful for quitting. Write a message every time you feel like smoking desperately- it keeps you focused and occupied- and I am always amazed at the understanding messages I get from around the globe (no ma

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/14/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 22
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 440
Amount Saved: �101.20
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 19 Mins: 31 Seconds: 30

Reading this thread: