Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Here I go again

15 years ago 0 355 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
TH - do whatever you need to make your quit work.  Just don't give up on it.  You are much stronger than you give yourself credit for!!!  You can do this!
AC

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 15
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 180
Amount Saved: $79.20
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 9 Mins: 48 Seconds: 16

15 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Twohazy, I'm so proud of your determination!  Do whatever you need to do to succeed!  I was in Tampa last week, and I remember the tv ads about the stop smoking programs in Florida.  Have you seen the pregnant mom "smoking" then the baby "smoking"?  Or the business guy "smoking" outside, then coming into the break room with a pot of coffee and everybody leaves?  Those two ads really caught my attention!  I'm glad there are so many resources at your disposal to help!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 147
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,880
Amount Saved: $1,176.00
Life Gained:
Days: 22 Hrs: 0 Mins: 31 Seconds: 18

15 years ago 0 35 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang In There TwoHazey, Do what ever works for You, just dont give up. We Can Do This
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/11/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 3
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 120
Amount Saved: $15.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 13 Mins: 42 Seconds: 40

15 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just got off the phone with a program that the State of Florida set up.  It's another program designed to help me quit smoking.  I'm going to be doing phone sessions with them and they are sending me all kinds of reading material (I've been reading anything and everything I can get my hands on).  They said I may also be eligibile for free NRT; so I'll find out all about that too. 
I am really serious about quitting and am trying whatever I can to accomplish it. 
One day at a time.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/14/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 0
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 0
Amount Saved: $0.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 1 Mins: 34 Seconds: 34

15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great support everyone!

Josie, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Two,

Do what it takes to get you there, just don't stop your progression.  You are going to need to set a date, otherwise you will wrestle with that one a day.. Take your time and prepare yourself, we are here to help and assist you every step of the way.

Josie, Health Educator
I honestly don't think I'm doing too bad.  I have only had 2 cigarettes in the past four days.  I am normally a 1/2 a pack a day person; so for me to only have two in the amount of time I normally would have had 20 or more is definately saying something. 
I will look into trying the patch.  I can't chew gum.
Thanks.

My Milage:

Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 1 Mins: 17 Seconds: 9

15 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI TH, listen, if you feel this is going to help you make the quit finally then you have to do it your way. I cut down for eight whole weeks before I made the final move. For me, the cut down period was harder than the quit, as I was a heavy chronic smoker and of course when I had the high dose patches they were delivering the amount of nicotine I needed whereas the cut down was depriving me of that amount- so what I am trying to say is I was better off physically quitting than cutting down if that makes sense.
You must do whats right for you, but please consider if Cold Turkey is the way for you, theres no shame in having additional help like patches or gum or whatever is available. I just couldnt do CT myself it would of been too hard.
Anyway, keep up your good work you are on the right road.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 249
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,225
Amount Saved: $3,735.00
Life Gained:
Days: 29 Hrs: 9 Mins: 55 Seconds: 42

15 years ago 0 855 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 Hi, i couldent take the wellburtrin eighter, felt like i was on acid LOL now as for the Inhaler, I LOVED IT :)  Long after the nicotine was gone it was still my Binkie it was a hibit i had to breack one day just threw it out the window :( but we are differnet, so your quit will have to be done your way, i say wnatever works, you will get there :) just keep on kepping on :)  Tresa
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/8/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 2351
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 56,424
Amount Saved: $9,874.20
Life Gained:
Days: 305 Hrs: 9 Mins: 16 Seconds: 26

I tried the Wellbutrin and inhalers with my last quit but the Wellbutrin only made me jumpy and unable to sleep.  When I did sleep, I had the weirdest, scariest dreams, I decided to stop taking it.  The nicotine inhalers were so nasty that I tossed them out with the Wellbutrin.
I think forgiving myself one smoke a day is going to be easier than trying to go cold turkey.  I haven't felt the urge to smoke one yet today and I've been awake for almost 12 hours; so I think that's saying something!
Yes, everyone's quit is different and we all have to find what way works best for each of us.  We are all different individuals and one person's quit won't be the same as anyone elses.  I keep that in mind and refuse to beat myself up for that one a day.  As I said, I am sure there will be a day (maybe it's today!) that I don't need that one (should probaby replace "need" with "want" here) and when that time comes, it will be a good day.
Don't ever give up trying...that's one sure way to fail. 

My Milage:

Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 1 Mins: 7 Seconds: 15

Reading this thread: