Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

PM and junk food

15 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have found that roasted/salted pumpkin seeds have gotten me thru cravings.  You can eat them slowly and as many as you like. They are healthy and low-carb.  Dried apricots are great as well.  Olives are great.  I think a little chocolate can help with withdrawal...
15 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi PM,

You are going through transition so it's normal to experience different cravings and eating patterns.  There are plenty of healthy snacks that you can eat and feel satisfied with. Fresh veggies and low fat dips, cut up some fruit, whole grains, crackers, beans..

Members, what do you like to snack on that's healthy?

Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 53 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Petruchki well I thinks its the chocolate I think it has caffeen In it.  And I think this will some times make you crave. And do not drink coffee if you do drink decafe. But try to buy some of the strongest gum Like Eclipse peperment gum it brings up the sliva in your mouth and keeps your tonsils sort of num. Try some Mouth wash also. You should try to work on a hobby or a puzzle do you sew? Its about keeping your hands busy and your mind on something else. My Hobby is working on clocks. I like cuckoo clocks I find them at flea markets and fix them up then sell them on E-Bay. Do you have a  name for the baby how about PAUL thats a good name.
PM

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/3/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 12
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 480
Amount Saved: $150.00
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 23 Mins: 15 Seconds: 40

• Quit Meter

$115,711.35

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8839 Hours: 19

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello PM,

You made me laugh a lot. Having a terrible day. Felt good. I am exercising, eating tons of chocolate, did accupunture and the cravings are worst and longer  than ever today.

Petruchki   

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/9/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 6
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 54
Amount Saved: $14.85
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 12 Mins: 35 Seconds: 32

15 years ago 0 53 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all. Well I been eating a lot of junk food since I quit, that I  never had a taste before. For instance I made a cottage cheese and grape jelly sandwitch on wheat toast ???? I dont know what was on my mind at the time. The other day I walked about 2 miles, Then when I got home for lunch that day I decited to BBQ and the leg fell off the BBQ and broke, So I ended up at White Castles, and had Two double cheese burgers, fries and a large chocolate shake. I never eat at White Castles, never, I had a some what of a craving that night and while watching the movie Dragon Fly I ate a hole jar of pickles? Now I know what you are thinking but I am not, ha ha .. But my Question is what should I eat, like when I get kinda the cravings or just the munchees. I been eating like I have a bottomless pit. All junk food except for the pickles Ha Ha.
PM

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/3/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 11
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 440
Amount Saved: $137.50
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 22 Mins: 58 Seconds: 2

• Quit Meter

$115,711.35

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter