Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Hello Everyone

15 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Karren, Congratulations on going the four (4) weeks into your quit... you're doing really well...

Patrick

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/18/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 140
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,500
Amount Saved: $1,575.00
Life Gained:
Days: 26 Hrs: 1 Mins: 53 Seconds: 28

15 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh thank you Lou!! I swear its the coming in this forum that has made such a difference, just knowing that if I need the proverbial shoulder someone will be there.
I have made it that I drop by every day so far and sometimes I dont have anything to say or add but I do love to read others posts.
So thanks again Lou I do appreciate your encouragement.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 17
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 425
Amount Saved: $255.00
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 1 Mins: 41 Seconds: 31

15 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Karren!!

I'm glad to see that you are doing so well, and hope that hubby is doing as well, also!!  You are right!  Only us EX-smokers really know what we are going through and by sticking together we are better able to conquer this addiction!!  You're almost through Heck Week and rest assured that for the most part that it DOES get easier and easier!!!  I'm not saying that it will be EASY, just that it gets easier!  There will still be times where that ol' nico-demon will test you, though!!  Just keep your guard up and tell that sucker  NOPE!!
    Have a great weekend!!!

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 79
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,975
Amount Saved: $325.88
Life Gained:
Days: 12 Hrs: 23 Mins: 0 Seconds: 3

• Quit Meter

$44,010.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1053 Hours: 6

Minutes: 44 Seconds: 51

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hello Terry and Sassy and thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement. I can't tell you how important it is for me to have someone saying I'm doing a grand job! I find ex smoker friends of mine very encouraging and positive, smokers are very negative, very jealous and positively just waiting for me and Hubby to slip up ( they'll be waiting a loooong time) and people who have never smoked at all just can't 'get' the enormity of quitting smoking and wonder what all the fuss is about!
But to us 'quitters' it is a very big deal indeed, for me to go 1 day without smoking was huge so to be here at Day 13 is an achievement I can't quite believe myself.
My one 'down' day was last Friday I had an awful bout of the blues, and I didnt know where they came from, but I came upstairs and logged in this Forum and just said how I was feeling and read a few positive success stories- and some other members had posted how they had felt down too so I knew I was not alone and it was kind of 'normal'.
So thanks again for your kindness it is very much appreciated.

My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 13
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 325
Amount Saved: $195.00
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 14 Mins: 4 Seconds: 10

15 years ago 0 84 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi there Karren - good job!   this is a great place to go when you need support...encouragement...to swap "i just cried for 2 hours" stories....it may seem like the world's most difficult undertaking...but before you know it...12 days has become 52 and then it becomes 87 and before you know it....triple digits and the rest is easier.....
i smoked for 35 years and never ever thought i would be able to remain smoke-free....i am doing okay and checking out this group as often as i can....we are proud of what you have acconmplished so far and will keep you going if you ever need some extra boosts....what i learned from everyone here is invaluable...especially Not One Puff Ever....remember NOPE!  good luck Karren and keep up the good work!  you can do it!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 2/7/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 105
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,150
Amount Saved: $1,338.75
Life Gained:
Days: 11 Hrs: 23 Mins: 53 Seconds: 11

• Quit Meter

$7,189.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 794 Hours: 9

Minutes: 43 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 447 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Karren Hi I can't believe I missed you on here for the last 12 days.  I haven't been posting as often as I was.  Happy to see you are doing so well.  This site is amazing and the support wonderful.  I'm almost at 100 days and I was able to do it due to the people here helping me every bit of the way.  Keep up the good work.  You look great as a non smoker.
Terry

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 2/17/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 95
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 950
Amount Saved: $142.50
Life Gained:
Days: 10 Hrs: 20 Mins: 35 Seconds: 53

Hello Jan and Moss and thank you so much for the very warm welcome and words of encouragement. I dont think I have ever found a group more welcoming and supportive than this one and I am delighted to have found you all.
I am amazed myself I am on day 12 and I am feeling just fine- really far better than I thought I would, so Jan you saying the first two weeks is the hardest gave me a real boost.
I am not so silly as to not realise there are going to be challenging times ahead, but now I feel I would be so very cross with myself if I ever succumb- the hardest step of all for me was the final step to quit. I had cut down from 30 a day to 8 and then to 5 but for weeks I just could not give up my 5. And then I literally ran out of excuses and did it- and you know the final step was not nearly as hard as I thought.
My husband has been quit now for 14 weeks today- he doesnt like/use computers and so cannot join this forum sadly but he is very interested to hear about all the posts that I read.
So thanks again to you all!

My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 12
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 300
Amount Saved: $180.00
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 11 Mins: 27 Seconds: 43

15 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi Karren

A belated WELCOME to you.  I wish for you a positive experience in this journey.  It seems for some that they simply put down the smokes, have a few rough weeks, and are able to move forward without too much difficulty.  For others the road can be more challenging.  I hope you find yourself in the first category. If you find yourself in a frame of mind that gets too overwhelming, just yell for help and people will be along to let you know you aren't alone and will offer some ways to get through the rough times.  You are off to a great start!!!!

Moss

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/19/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 185
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,775
Amount Saved: $624.38
Life Gained:
Days: 29 Hrs: 18 Mins: 38 Seconds: 23

15 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Karren,  Congratulations on 12 days of not smoking!  The first two weeks are the hardest.  If you arm yourself with some good coping tools you're well on your way!  Just as Patrick says, read, read, and read some more...and then post!  You've done that and as you can see the support is amazing.  Glad that you have joined us, and keep that precious quit moving right along!

Cheers,

Jan

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 116
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,900
Amount Saved: $957.00
Life Gained:
Days: 13 Hrs: 5 Mins: 12 Seconds: 34

Patrick, thank you so much! you have 'read' me completely correctly! I am reading and trying to contribute 'post wise' every day as I really do believe it helps.
I just read the reply you actually wrote to 'Kelly Anxious' which was so powerful and inspirational to me, and Kelly A is doing so well, her mileage counter alone gives me hope!
So thanks again!

My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 12
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 300
Amount Saved: $180.00
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 10 Mins: 49 Seconds: 32

Reading this thread: