Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,473 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

6 Days - Quit Date

16 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dee You won't regret it! Its the best journey I have ever taken. I feel so much better as a NON-SMOKER then I ever did. The road may not always be easy, but it is totally doable!!!! This is the best site for help and support too. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 82 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,050 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $410.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
16 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for all the good advice and support. I'm actually looking forward to this little journey. Well guess it's not really a little journey is it :quest: More like a long life time journey and I'm going for it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] -60 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $-12.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] -63659
16 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What John said. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 76 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,900 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $703.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Dee. John W gave you some very good advice. That is what I am doing with this quit and it really does make a difference. I am eating healthy and walking daily and go to Curves three times a week. There is a lot of support here and a lot of good posts to read. The one that was hard for me was the middle of the night smoke. By then husband was asleep and I could "enjoy" :blush: that one alone and not feel like I had to cut it short. So far I am doing okay. Stay in touch and let us know how you are doing. Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 210 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
16 years ago 0 319 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Dee, My advice is to get Addicted to Excercise and eating healthy foods, in replacement for cigerettes, as soon as possible, it sure worked for me, I've been smokeless now a shade over 4 years now, I still walk over 2 miles every morning, Once You get into the habit of it daily, it's a piece of cake, no effort what so-ever, just like getting out of bed every morning, one foot at a time, But I would read up on Positive attitude or positive thinking, and carry it with You daily, Can't say that I've lost it, since I've started my Quit, it goes hand in hand with quitting, So grit those teeth, and get the Eye of the Tiger, I smoked 40 years, pack and a half aday, Don't even tell me You Can't do it, May You have a pleasant journey, and a most happy one, Smokless In Oklahoma :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/10/2003 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1533 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 45,990 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,561.24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 358 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
  • Quit Meter

$26,779.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 881 Hours: 17

Minutes: 10 Seconds: 46

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Purple]Welcome aboard Dee :) This is the best place to be if you want to be a non smoker. So many wonderful members to lend a hand when you simply wish to vent or get something off your chest. We all help one another in a great way here ! You sound determined and you also sound like you have the right attitude towards becoming a non smoker :) Please do a lot of reading here. I prepared about 2 weeks in advance just as you are preparing and it makes the world of difference. Wishing you all the very best and post anytime, before you stop smoking.. would love to hear from you. Jean [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,175 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $481.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
16 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
On the 28th of May I will start my journey to be smoke free. I have been able to cut smokes out after meals, early mornings, and now will cut out smokes before bedtime. I do have smokes several times during the day, just trying to get rid of the routine smokes. I have been able to find something to keep me busy after a meals since I have always gone outside and had a smoke. Missing early morning smokes doesn't seem to bother me. Cutting the bedtime time one is going to be hard, but It will be worth it to be smoke free. :) Thanks for the support from all of you. Im sure I will be using you a lot next week. :8o: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] -60 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $-12.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] -68423

Reading this thread: