Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,492 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

i want to quit smoking

17 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Slivers, I was a pack a day smoker for 33 years. I quit almost two years ago with the help of the patch, and LOTS of gum. I live through a lot of ups and downs in the beginning. But I made it through. I didn't look too far ahead, and tried not to look back at what it was like to smoke. Deep breathing and water, lots of water. That helps too. The benefits of being smoke free (as you know after not smoking for so long) are HUGE. I can actually breathe again, and I've got more energy than I've ever had. I don't crave anymore, but I did my share of that in the beginning of my quit. One day at a time. No more. Don [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 719 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,397 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4673.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 123 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 65 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
suport to quit smoking
17 years ago 0 65 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I QUIT FOR 36 YEARS AND THEN HAD PRESSURES PUT ON ME AND STARTED TO SMOKE AGAIN 3 YEARS AGO. NOW I WANT TO QUIT AGAIN. HELP!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I have decided to quit tomorrow around 4 p.m. I am just very concerned that I will not be able to do it! What should I do? Thanks, Kris
17 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Slivers, Remember how you felt when you quit all those years ago... let that in and really feel it again. I felt like it was a part of me and I would lose a part of me, that was my fear but ya know what... I gained alot more parts in the last 4 days than I have lost! I can smell the good scents again, I keep looking at the money I have saved and how much time I added to my life and that really helps. We all have our own way that will do the trick and you will have to find yours but if you share with us we will remind you of the desires you wish to use that extra money on now or when you are 2 yrs older than you would have been if you still smoked. You know you need to, you want to, or you wouldnt be here asking for help. you wont lose a part of you, you wont turn into a frog at midnight or anything... you will gain life! Did you see that? YOU WILL GAIN LIFE!!!!!! YOU WILL GAIN LIFE! I also posted lil post it notes around my house with positive sayings like...... I want to see my kids get grey hair so I can laugh at them... and you can do it! You have what it takes. You can post all the positive things that you can list on post it notes around your house and see them every day for reminders! I know you can do it! YOU WILL GAIN LIFE! Peace Dawn [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 85 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Silvers, So you want to quit smoking...excellent Idea. What are you afraid of with quitting. Post and let us know? Also, have you quit already, or are you planning on quitting? Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,287 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $319 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
slivers, Welcome to the site! You're at the exact right place if you want to quit smoking. Look around the site and just start reading posts. There's a TON of information here for you if you'd like to quit. If you have any specific questions, fears or concerns about quitting, please do not hesitate to post them and we will give you the best answers we can. Also, if you look to the left of your screen, you will see a quit program for you to go through (the little car on the path). If you haven't already, go through that program. It will give you a lot of really good information and can help you make a plan for quitting. Again, welcome to the site! Let us know how we can help you. Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 433 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,838 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1788.29 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You have to want to quit more than you want to smoke. Complete the program to the left of your screen and be prepared with coping skills in place. You can do it. You have to WANT it! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 118 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,931 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $944 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome... Spend some serious time here reading... old posts... new posts. Do the program on the left, and get really clear about why you've decided to Quit. You will find everything you need here as far as support goes, so get busy, friend... and let us know how we can help. Blessings - Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 305 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,693 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1418.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 407 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
First of all...decide how badly you wish to quit. That will dictate your level of preparedness that you will need to sustain. Congrats and lets get it on. Lindsey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/10/2001 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1942 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 116,555 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $19420 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 388 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
  • Quit Meter

$122,593.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8382 Hours: 14

Minutes: 5 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: