Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Trouble

17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m180/princessceleste_2006/flower1.gif[/IMG] Sparky, it does get better - it gets a heck of a lot better :) I was with my cousin last night who was a 3 pack a day smoker for well over 20 years and she said she found it very difficult to give them up but she did it. she quit 13 years ago. It can be done, stay strong, what you feel now WILL pass. Hang in there PrincessC :) x
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky the quicker you get back on the wagon the better. The best thing is to stay away from social events for a while and concentrate on your quit. Study the site use your coping mechanisms and do this for yourself, you have to want it .....I know what you're going through hang in there it can be done, one day at a time :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,019 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $268 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am really have a lot of thought about smoking. In away I feel like I came back to soon after my "slip". I know it is the monster, but the thoughts are there. I am really mad at myself for giving in a few days ago, but I know that will not solve anything. My husband's class reunion picnic is today. I should be okay there. He is a non smoker. We went to the dinner last night and that was a little tough, but I here today. There was no smoking at the dinner so that helped a lot. I have been coughing a lot and that is good. Not sure if I am having a pitty party or just withdrawing. Everyone have a great day and I will check back later tonight. Thanks [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, Can't add much to Rusty's wise words, except to say this.. If you have a camera, take a picture of your face, a real close up. Hang on in there and after a week compare that picture to your real self in the mirror. I think you'll be surprised at how much better your skin looks. Smoking doesn't just kill you, it also makes you look older than you are while you are still alive... keep coming here and keep your quit Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 187 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,626 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1402.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, You are withdrawing for sure. I think that once you slip it makes it that much harder to get going again. The point is you are going again. As long as you don't light that next cigarette, you are doing great. Prior to this quit, my last slip took me about 2 years to get over. Get that junkie thinking out of your head. Kick, scream, fight, laugh, cry, whatever it takes, just don't smoke. Know that each day is getting you closer to never feeling this way again. You can do it and you will Love being a non-smoker. Don't forget that you are fighting for your life. REFUSE to be a slave any longer. Would you allow a person to control everywhere you go and determine everything you do? I don't think so. So why let a cigarette do it? Hmmmm... :quest: Congratulations on taking your life back. You won't regret it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 414 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,293 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1449 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I feel for you Sparky. Hang in there - it gets better. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 165 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,798 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1402.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
  • Quit Meter

$99,829.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9142 Hours: 22

Minutes: 5 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, of course you are withdrawing. Day One is the Big One, the day that we don't want to have to keep doing over and over again right. But if you get through today, then you've got the Big One under your belt. That gives you the confidence that you need to do Day Two. My suggestion is...once you get through the picnic today...take the next day or so to pamper yourself. Don't plan any events or beg off the ones you've got planned. Spend your time working on your quit journal. Re-do the program tools. Do internet research. Take naps. Drink lots of water. Call it the Quitting Flu or whatever, but focus on your quit. Of course the thoughts are there. That junkie in you doesn't let go easily. But know that you are strong and you are in control...not a bunch of addictive junk rolled up in a piece of paper. If you want to be a quitter, smoking is just not an option. Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 614 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 17,207 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2149 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 84 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
  • Quit Meter

$54,423.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 642 Hours: 18

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 40

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, One day at a time is all we can ask! You can do this and you know we can help. Take the time to post your concerns and let us guide you through :) Josie ______________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: