Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,473 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

The monster got me

17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
We all know quitting is hard - but be proud of yourself that you have decided to try again. Has anyone tried Bikram Yoga? My brother teaches it and I have decided to give it a try because it is suppose to help you detox your body. The reason I mention it is because one of their slogans is as follows: "Never too old, never too sick, never too bad, never too late to start from scratch and begin again".
17 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, I found a post that had the best quote: I would rather be a nonsmoker who sometimes craves a smoke than to be a full time smoker who constintly craves to quit! Mistakes are made. Thats life! I made a puffing mistake yesterday, today i have learned from it. If you made 14 days before you can do it again. only this time you will get past 14 days. as i have have been told by others, mistakes can be made after months of quitting. you just have to remind yourself why you quit in the first place! [b]Now get back in the non smoking section of this bus! We are all in it together!!![/b] You can do It!!! Flowerpot
17 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sparky, 2 weeks is huge, next time try postponing reaching for a cig. for just a little while, this will give your mind and body time to get past the craving. I did this a lot in the begining and it realy worked. I hit a wall at the start of my third week and thought I would go crazy if I didn't do something. So I called my doctor instead of driving to the store and buying cigs. He was very supportive and made some suggestions to help me though this time. It's been four weeks now and I seldom feel a craving. Use all the tools you need, read self help books, ask you doctor for suggestions and help and talk to supportive people. It is so worth it to quit. YOU CAN DO THIS!! RED [b]so[/b] ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 561 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $189 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
NOW SPARKY, YOU HEAR THIS!! YOU CAN DO THIS! KILL THE MONSTER, HE WILL DESTROY YOU OVER THE YEARS! I THOUGHT I COULD NEVER DO THIS AND HAVE ONLY GONE 15 DAYS, BUT I AM STRONGER THAN THAT MONSTER, DEVIL OR WHAT EVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT! TRY, TRY, TRY AGAIN. STAY WITH THIS PROGRAM. YOU WILL MAKE IT!
17 years ago 0 227 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
sparky hope you are sticken with it one day down yikes i was wrong this is still hard even after 22 days and then my relapse oh well got to do it. have a clean weekend [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 31 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.98 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
  • Quit Meter

$163,450.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6102 Hours: 0

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 227 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HEY SPARKY, IT IS YOU AND ME SEE YOU ON 8-18-06 FOR THE GREAT SMOKE OUT THE ONE THAT LAST A LIFETIME, FOR NOW WE WILL DO IT ONE DAY AT A TIME. ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$163,450.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6102 Hours: 0

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, [quote] maybe I am just one of those that can't make it. [/quote] Oh how I recognize that person! That was me!!! I have quit, slipped, restarted my meter and then slipped again that my quit meter must have been horribly dizzy for the first 4 months I was on this site (I originally joined in June of last year, and recently rejoined.) I thought that I couldn't quit either... that there were just certain people that weren't strong enough, didn't have the right determination, attitude or commitment and would never be able to have those things and just could not quit! I remember thinking that some people can quit, but I would never be one of them no matter how hard I tried, so I should just give up on trying and go back to a life of smoking because I was wasting my time and torturing myself. I even tried to convince this site that I should go back to smoking for a month until I could quit on the 11 year anniversary of the day I started smoking (I actually convinced some too). But in the end, I decided that I really did want to quit more than I wanted to smoke... even though I wasn't always commited to this desire. The commitment I had to work on, but the desire was there. And I realized later that that was all I needed... the rest I could work on as I went along. It's obvious that you have a desire to quit... if you didn't, you wouldn't have been able to quit for 2 weeks and you wouldn't be quitting again! So don't try to convince me that you don't want to quit because I know better! :) (And if you're wondering how I knew you were thinking that, I'm a junkie too, remember?!?!) The fact is that you CAN quit! You CAN be a successful ex-smoker, just like I am! Will it be easy? No. Will there be times when you're tempted to smoke? You bet! But will it be the best thing you have ever done for yourself and the one thing in your life you will be most proud of? Absolutely, without a doubt, undeniably YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Join me as a comfortable ex-smoker. It does get better - that I promise you! But you have to put in the time and effort. Don't wait 15 days! There's no better time to quit than right now! You can do it! We're here to help you! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Fr
17 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Maybe all those quit attempts were just practice. I had patches, lozenges, and gum over a two year period, tried them all while quitting on and off over a two year period. Nothing worked. But I did learn something from it all: I just had to learn to jus say, no. I think I may have spent those attempts trying to determine what would work. Plus, I knew from experience that I would tire of it all and just stop sooner or later. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,530 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $281.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m180/princessceleste_2006/thpinkballerinapanda.gif[/IMG] Ok the Junkie needs to step aside: [quote] I have tried so many times, maybe I am just one of those that can't make it [/quote] You CAN do it Sparky, you did it for 14 huge days - that's awesome. Dont let the junkie win hun, its time to get back on the horse, tell that junkie he's no longer a part of your life. You CAN do it. This is one fight worth fighting. Not one puff EVER sparky. PrincessC :) x
17 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well I made it two weeks, but I could not fight the monster. I walked, I read, I talked to myself, but lost. I have set a new date. I am not sure if I can ever get stopped. I have tried so many times, maybe I am just one of those that can't make it. Each one of you that have a good quit going enbrace it with all your might. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0

Reading this thread: