Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,481 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA

Hello Everyone

18 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome, I am also 30 years old and getting ready to quit next Monday. If you want to message and email each other lets team up against this sugar coated garbage. So add me to the IM. Take care and good luck.. lets kick the crap out of cigs
18 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello all. I am going to quit next tuesday. I'm 30 years old and I am really starting to feel the effects of smoking physically and emotionally. I have a wife and kids and call me selfish but I would really like to be around them for a long time. I've seen what it has done to my mom. Eight years ago she was a typical Mother. But she smoked and she ended up getting COPD, and her life has not been nearly the same since. She doesnt like to go anywhere because of the difficulty of breathing, she gained a ton of weight, her quality of life is just horrible and it breaks my heart. And then, 2 weeks ago my aunt called me and told me my uncle who is only 51 is dying of lung cancer. Its apparently spread all over they said he's had it at least a year. There not even trying any treatment it too late. I've tried to quit a few other times but I'm really trying to be confident that I can do it this time,because I really like my life. I'm going to do the small steps I've learned from your website over the next week and lets hope I have success. I've downloaded the messenger thingy , I need some buddies because I think it will really help to talk to people that have gone through the same experience and help me keep my eye on the prize. Awesome website by the way. Take Care.
18 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes I am going to use NRT'S. Today I didnt smoke for two hours when I woke up which is awesome for me.
18 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Commit2me! I just joined this site yesterday and this my 2nd day off cigs. I'm sorry to hear about your mom and uncle. I still am kind of clumsy using the site...don't know how to use everything yet so I'll offer support and a pat on the back right now. Try to stay positive. Trudy
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello there Commit2me! Congrats on finding your way. Next Tuesday will be here soon! Are you using any NRT's, or going cold turkey? Once you quit, please join our March group. All you have to do is look up a post called March quitters. We dont have a name yet, but we will soon. Good luc to you. You seem to have the inspiration to thrive! Sorry to hear about your mom and uncle. That is terrible. Keep picturing that in your mind. It will make you stay quit. Just keep posting here. This site has the best people! We are all buddies to eachother. Everyone here has helped me tremendously. This site has been a major part of my success! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 524 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $55.59 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Commit2me, Welcome to this awesome site, I look forward to your post. Feel free to ask questions, or tell us how your days are going. My mother died of COPD and now my sister has it. So I am trying to protect my quit because I know that I am the only one that can. I also love your user name, I will be watching for your posts. Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,271 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $259 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
  • Quit Meter

$229,857.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6394 Hours: 16

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 130 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Commit2me: Welcome we will be for you when your big day comes. Remember to toss out every thing that has to do with smoking. Have a plan ready, work the program on the left. Do you plan on using the patch or anything? Just make sure that you come here to vent rather than light up. You have made the right decision!!!!! Kaiser [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,213 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $800 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello, welcome and I would not agree that you are being selfish for wanting to be around for your wife and kids - quite the opposite actually. All the buddies you need are here on this site but you can, if you wish, buddy up with someone personally. A good idea is to take part in the monthly quitters groups, the one for March is 'recruiting' now (see in general discussion thread), that way you progress along with others that are at the same stage. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 530 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �110 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Commit2me, Welcome to a great quit site. You will find lots of great buddies and buddettes here to help you any way they can. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,938 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $664 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
18 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
congratulations on making the decision to quit. My mother also has COPD from smoking. she recently was put on oxygen 24/7 so never leaves the house & it is heart breaking to see, we must learn from this & quit before its to late. Are you going to use any NRT or cold turkey? I used a book called 'Easyway to quit smoking' by Allen Carr, it helped to get my mind in the right place. Good luck to you if you need help you only have to ask. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,674 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $646.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46

Reading this thread: