Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

My name is Lucy

18 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lucy, I'm Trudy. I too suffer from depression-as well as anxiety. I smoked my last cigarette about 30 minutes ago and am chewing the nicotine gum right now.Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone.Here's a smile for you :)
18 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Lucy, I have struggled with various degrees of depression my whole life. When I knew I wanted to quit I talked to my doctor and she gave me a script for Wellbutrin. I started that a whole month before I quit. I began on the lowest dose and worked up to the highest. For me I think it is really helping. Cigarettes are a depressent. They constrict your blood flow and oxygen. At least,try to cut back and work down from there. You have to "crave the quit". You will be fine. And who knows you may have a great sense of wellbeing and acomplishment and pride.. that will help to combat the depression. You are not helpless. We are here for you. keep up the good fight SanFrenadoRed [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 277 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63.57 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
18 years ago 0 51 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lucy; I too suffer from depression and anxiety. Have for l0 years. I am on medication for depression. I found I was more nervous and anxious about my quit date than I really have been since!!! I am using the patch. Had my first step down Friday. A few more cravings but I got through. I come here alot, if only to read it helps. I am determined to get through this. This is my actual first quit. Before my quits were inbetween cigarettes. LOL!! I am sure glad I found this site. It has reinforced my quit several times. Wishing you the best!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 954 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $97.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
  • Quit Meter

$20,653.02

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 415 Hours: 18

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 53

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lucy, I have been diagnosed with depression and have been on medication for 2 years. I quit smoking Jan 7,2006. I used the patch and just used my last on on Friday. It is a 10 week program, I'm sure you know about them they are a step down program. You're right it is not an easy thing go do but so worth it. Lucy, I will be looking for your posts, we are all here to help in anyway that we can...... Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,241 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $255.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
  • Quit Meter

$229,862.81

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6394 Hours: 19

Minutes: 23 Seconds: 1

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Lucy, I have been diagnosed with depression and have been on medication for 2 years. I quit smoking Jan 7,2006. I used the patch and just used my last on on Friday. It is a 10 week program, I'm sure you know about them they are a step down program. You're right it is not an easy thing go do but so worth it. Lucy, I will be looking for your posts, we are all here to help in anyway that we can...... Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,241 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $255.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
  • Quit Meter

$229,862.81

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Lucy, we are here when you are ready!!!! Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,249 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $255.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$229,862.81

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

A STAR for you Lucy, stay close to this site and read all you can. Find Golferman's threads they will help you. Hang tuff!!! Sunshine ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,255 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $255.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$229,862.81

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 415 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lucy. No I am not depressed but I have GAD (generalized anxitey disorder) I know thats not the same but close. It is very odd that any doctor would condone smoking. Kinda blows my mind. It is difficult to quit. It involves making lifestyle changes. It involves a high level of commitment. You need to be educated on the effects of smoking, how it may effect your depression, how you can handle depression without cigarettes. Smoking is just another health problem to add to your list dear. It's rough. There were days when I couldn't quit crying, there were days with explosive anger outbursts, there were days when I didn't wish to speak to anyone. This place was my primary support. My entire family smokes. My husband (who is now on day 3 of his quit) was smoking at home when I quit. There is no better time then the present to get this addiction over with. You need to be ready for the worst, be ready for hell and you will be able to overcome this but it will be a battle. You must find the strengh within to battle this demon. We at this site will be here for you throughout this battle. You can read posts of everyones battle if you want to. You will see that we all have difficult times throughout our quit, it is the way that we deal with them that makes us successful!! You can beat this along side the rest of us Lucy! Stay strong and hold your head up high!! The Chicken [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 365 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $135 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
18 years ago 0 534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You guys are doing great! Personally, I got a prescription for welbutrin and then went and bought a YOYO! Every time I wanted to smoke, I would just go run that thing up and down until I didn't feel like smoking and the urge had passed. Went through two strings but here I am on the other side. And you are getting there also. Whatever you use is up to you. Just remember that nobody ever died from not smoking. Cheryl [font=georgia][size=4][color=navy]No Joking, I'm Still Not Smoking![/font][/size][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/4/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 259 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,235 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $738.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
18 years ago 0 64 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Chicken I'm glad to hear there is someone else besides me who is the same place. I mean I'm glad I'm not alone in this quit. After I had posted I went out and bought smokes. But my depression gets sooooooooo bad. There are time I just don't know what to do. You didn't say how you quit. Did you use the patch or more medication for it? I know there are millions of people who have depression but I just don't know how to handle all of this and quit smoking at the same time. I've only been out a few weeks with this so far. I don't know when I'll be going back to work. I saw the doctor today and I guess thats why I'm so upset. I'm telling you this because I want other people to know I'm not the only one in this situation. Thanks for the encouragement. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$144,728.44

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5896 Hours: 18

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: