Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

New to this site

18 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello, I'm on day 6 of my quit, just found this site, referred from quitnet. Not sure how to use it yet! :confuse: I'm 46 and on my 3rd quit. I'm mentally prepared for this, and using inhaler and gum. Got through the weekend. :) Looking for support.
18 years ago 0 562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Grandma 46 and congrats on your 6 days..My nic is Grandma and today is my second day of not smoking. I'm using the patch and woke up at 6 this morning but I got done around house. I have a list 'cause my brain is not working as well as before. I also keep telling myself that I don't smoke anymore. This is hard but I can do it. Looking for support too. Should find something like knitting to keep my hands busy at night but that doesn't sound like fun..
18 years ago 0 48 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keep up the good work, I am on my six day since I quit. It is a continous struggle but it will be well worth it. I am doing mine cold turkey. The Support you get on this site is wonderful and very encouraging. Chico
18 years ago 0 425 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Grandma46! Keep up the good work!! You are doing great!. I am 51 and i am a Grandma too. I am looking forward to see my grand-kids this spring and not be a smoker. Some days are really though but I do as the "oldies" tell me - take a deep breath and know that the moment will pass. I walk a lot and that helps too. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 192 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $54 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
18 years ago 0 65 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
checking in... another smoke free grandma, hello welcome, good luck, stick with it no matter how tuff it gets abletobreath in virginia
  • Quit Meter

$21,090.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 410 Hours: 12

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 130 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Grandma46: Welcome 6 days is a great accomplishment! I was going to try the inhaler but opted for the patch. try to reward yourself as much as you can and keep comming here to read and post. Kiaser [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,582 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $640 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
18 years ago 0 214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, 6 days is great! I am from quitnet too although I have known about this site for over a year. I am using the patch which is working great. I have a friend who used the inhaler and it worked well for her. I am 49 and have tried to quit several times before also. When you are really mentally ready to quit it is alot easier to do. Some days are still really hard but the time does fly by. I always say that the longer you can go the easier it is to say no. If you really want to be a non smoker you can do it! Whenever you want a cigarette just think about all the negative things about it. There are so many more negative things then positive things and the things that we think are positive are really only temporary. It is so nice not having to worry about when you can get out of somewhere to have a smoke or having to stop to buy them. The money you save is nice too. It really is a freeing experience. Stay strong you are doing great! IWin [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 54 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,095 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $216 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
18 years ago 0 40 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Grandma46 Grandma and Nan- I'm a Great grandma too!! It's never too late to quit I guess. My grandkids come to visit and smell my hair...checking to make sure I didn't go back to smoking...and tell me how nice I smell. It will be 60 days before you know it!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,816 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $190.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the SSC Grandma... I found this site on day 7 of my quit as well! Check out the program tools to the left. They will help you develop a plan for when the cravings hit. Be sure to drink a lot of water and take deep breathes. Quitting is hard but it is doable. When you think you can't take it any more, just go another 5 minutes, and then another 5, and another. You can do it. Congratulations on Six Days of freedom from the most horrible addiction that exists. You are doing AWESOME! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 248 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,971 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $868 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
18 years ago 0 135 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI Grandma 46 and Grandma - I'm a GREAT grandma so I got a very late start in getting rid of this addiction. It is a very difficult time but you can do it. Just stick with SSC and read, read, read. I spent hours here the first few weeks of my quit and it certainly did help to know how others were coping with the craves. Let us know how you are doing. Hugs, Nan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 322 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,423 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1223.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47

Reading this thread: