Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,478 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

First day

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Realizationsabound, Welcome to the site and congratulations on becoming an ex-smoker! It is great to hear that you are ready to quit! The question is are you prepared? Please take advantage of our free Online Treatment Program in your glove compartment as you log into our site. This program will first help you determine if youre ready to quit. If youve already quit and are looking for some help, this program is for you. Although the program will first assess if youre ready to quit the exercises at the beginning of the program will help remind you of the reasons why you quit in the first place. Dont get frustrated - ex-smokers have told us that the exercises at the beginning of the program gave them confidence and helped them reaffirm their personal commitment to remain smoke free. The exercises in this program are divided into six major milestones. Think of each milestone as a destination youre trying to reach. After you complete the exercises in each milestone, your car will progress along the road map located at the bottom left-hand side of the screen. The best thing about this program is that it is free and you dont have to purchase any products to use this program. We hope that we have guided you in the right direction today! Please feel free to contact our support department in our feedback section found at the bottom of this page if you continue to have any questions or concerns. Or, please continue to join us here at our online support group! We wish you all the best and look forward to helping you achieve your goals! Melanie ________________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 48 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am trying to quit smoking after about 25 years. I began, Wednesday night, but fell last night and had a cigarette. I will continue to try, boy it is hard this morning. Chico
18 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I would just like to put this question out there I am in canada, I am wondering if there is a drink to cleanse the lungs or a detox tea anyone has found helpful, When I boiled a raw ginger root and made tea it was very hot and strong, cayenne? what is working to get rid of the first few days of congested or slight pain feelings in lungs??Please RSVP to a post if you have ideas or even could tell me a product.Thank You Cindi
Thank you for your reply I am very sure this is it for me and I don't know why???
It is my first day and I have been sucessful to not smoke, noon was the time period in the day, the reasons are varied, I guess I just want to see how life is without smoking? I am 42 next week also, and I look pretty good but my teeth do not??? I am embarrassed of these teeth and I do have gingivitis. I went to a prayer meeting last night, I guess I finally got serious and inspired. I know how you can keep quit, pretend like something drastic will happen if you smoke.[b]Text[/b] :blush: :blush:
18 years ago 0 33 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
if you want to do somethng good for yourself reward your self go to a good periondontist and have your teeth cleaned i did this a week or two after i quit and when i saw how white and clean my teeth were there was no way i was going to ruin it with cigs! (plus the fact it took like 6 shots of novacain to get the job done!) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 773 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $216 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
18 years ago 0 130 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chico you made the right decision to get back at your quit. work the program at your left it will help. have you thought about the patch? It worked for me. Come here often, read the posts, and let us know how you are doing. Hang tuff Kaiser [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,453 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $610 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
18 years ago 0 135 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cindi I forgot to mention that someone told me to loosen congestion drink 20 drops of tabasco sauce in a glass of water once a day. Haven't really tried it but it couldn't hurt anything. Nan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 318 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,332 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1208.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
18 years ago 0 135 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cindi!! Glad you found the best place to be for help to quit smoking. One thing I would suggest is that you work the quit program on the left. Also, you did not mention if you are using any NRTs. I used the patches and found they helped me. Everyone's quit is different so you have to kinda feel your way and find what is best for you. The first few weeks I came to SSC and read posts by the hour. Then I started posting when I felt comfortable with it. Be sure to start your quit meter 'cause it's fun to watch the days count up. Hugs, Nan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 318 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,331 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1208.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
18 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's one way to keep quit -- to think about drastic things to come. another way is to think about the positive benefits to come - better health, more wealth, whiter smile, fresher breath, and on and on. The best way though is to work the program tools over on the left. Make a list of your reasons for quitting. Determine how you're going to cope with cravings for a few days. Think about how you will reward yourself with all the money you're saving. Good luck! Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 444 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,453 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1554 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 61 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$54,693.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 645 Hours: 22

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: