Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Worried about stepdown

16 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bobby Do not worry about the symptoms and pain of withdrawal, be concerned instead about the symptoms and pain of continuing to smoke. I assure you, with the best of intentions, that the latter is a million times worse... Do this for yourself Nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 143 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,432 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,001.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
16 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WOOHOO! Finally someone else besides me likes those dreams....lol! ;p [b]ALL HAIL THE NOZZLE THINGY!![/b] Jess [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 211 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $42.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
16 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bobbi, My stats as follows: 6 weeks on 21mg 4 weeks on 14mg 2 weeks on 7 mg Then, nothing. Now quit for 15 months. Mr Ed :) oh, I nearly forgot - the effect of dropping to the next level and eventually to nothing - I hardly noticed at all! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 455 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,665 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �3412.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 74 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BE CAREFUL!!! Coming off the patch is in my opinion almost as tricky as not smoking.. PLEASE dont get too cocky!!!!!! Phil xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 279 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,147 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1464.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 55 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Im a patch renegade. Despite the instructions I stepped down from the 21 to the 14 after 2 weeks. Tomarrow I will step down to the 7 mg after only 1 week on the 14. I just want to be done with it. It might be a little rough BUT I know I won't smoke no matter what. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 408 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $110 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bobbi, The good news is that although unpleasant, weight gain is temporary and much easier to combat than smoking. You can begin developping a plan by working this section of the online quit program or reading through this section of our forums. Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Bobbi. I am doing fine. I felt a bit edgey the first day or two, and that was it. Am happy to be nicotine free. I did 5 weeks on 21, 2 weeks on 14 and 2 on 7mg. I do miss the dreaming.... I have gained about 12 lb all total over the whole quit now, but I didin't really watch what I was eating until this past few weeks. I walk daily and started (watching the diet, so should start to see results soon. I also am doing weight lifting three times a week. I do tummy crunches and I just do 5 & 8 lb weights, have done it many times before, it really helps tone up the muscle (So my clothes fit better) I didn't worry about the weight first Bobbi, the quit is more important, and it is easier to get the weight off once I felt comfortable enough in my quit. My downfall was snacking infront of the TV, so it is spring now, almost time to plant here so time to get outside! You are fortunate that you haven't gained anything yet Bobbi, so start now and do a few things to prevent it. (I didn't.) You will be fine too, don't worry so much, LOL (it wastes energy!) Keep your quit! NOPE :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,683 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $706.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
16 years ago 0 710 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well how is it going since you are not on patches any more? was the withdraw very bad? Sure wories me! I did go to the 14 mgs. Tues. and so far not as bad as I thought might have been. also read a post that a person went off the 7 mg patch still alittle bit of trouble so got the gum which is 2 mg. and chewed for a couple days and withdraw very little. the worst thing that worries me is the weight gain, without nic. may be a big problem, it is a hard fight without having to fight weight gain also oh the frustration, but is it worth it, yes! hugs and prayers, Bobbi [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/27/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,353 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $112.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11

Reading this thread: