Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Any March quitters around

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Breat post Bubba! Thanks! ;) Melanie ____________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wayne, Wow, great stats, keep it up! Take Care, Melanie ___________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning Smogfree Shamrocks!! My day is going great so far. I have started to exercise by walking. My cravings are currently low, just need to get rid of this cough but I know it is a good thing. Dee [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 169 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
I also like Smogfree Shamrocks!! Much better then what I came up with :)!
I'm a March quitter who would love to be a part of this group. So far I have had my good and bad days just like everyone else I'm sure. I quit cold turkey. I have noticed an increase of energy already which is great. I was trying to think of a name suggestion but can't really come up with anything good. Smoke-free Leprechauns Lucking Leprechaun's Smokefree end of Rainbow Smokeless pot of gold Not very good, but all I could think of.
18 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey all - my quit date was 3/15 - so I am a bit of a "bewbie" compared to you all! And boy, right now I need all your support - won't it be great in a month or so's time when we look back at where we were in March? This morning was dire - but actually, dare I say it, I am feeling a tiny little bit better this afternoon. The really scary thing is, I only used to smoke a maximum of 7 cigs a day - and this has been SO incredably hard so far. Just goes to show how strong a drug nicotine is doesn't it? I have to say, when I think of it like this, it really does give me strength.
Thanks Angelic and Josie for your support. No, I am not using anything - the only thing I did was read the book "The Easy Way to Quit smoking" by Allen Carr - this was the final "push" I needed. Although the last couple of days have been oh so much tougher than I thought they would, I really, truly beleive that I am done with "it" and although I am going through all this turmoil, I honestly don't want to go back to "it".b (I am having a "strong" moment right now!!!!!) I think in a few years time I am going to be one of those really annoying non-smokers - you know the ones we all used to really dislike - preaching at us etc... ;p I have 2 teenage children and I hope that they are watching carefully at how hard this is for their poor old Mom!!!! I have finally seen nicotine for what it is - an addicitive drug (took me 20+ years to discover this though!!) This board has most definetly helped keep me sane this past 3 days! Thanks all so very much. Britt [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 21 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
A few friends had read the book and had succesfully quit - so I thought it was worth a go - I could only get it on CD at my local bookstore and wish I had ordered it online now rather than rushing ahead and buying the audio copy - it would be much easier to refer to if it was in print for me (The audio copy is 5 cd's and it's kind of hard to locate a particular chapter quickly!). Anyway, a lot of what he said is complete common sense, but I do feel it has really helped me. I have never managed to quit for a single day before - let alone 3! I know exactly what you mean about never wanting to go through this again - crazy isn't it? We are actually craving something that would poison us - when I think of it like that, it does make it easier for me. (I would say though that I have been extremely emotional, very distracted and ultra snappy - particularly today, but all my smoke free friends say that it will really start to ease in the next few days - so there is a light at the end of the tunnel for us!!)
Hi all March Quitters! Ho are we all doing today? So far, my day seems to be pretty good - hope yours is too. Britt [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 29 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
Hi all - glad to see everyone is still around - as of 11pm tonite I will have been smoke-free for a week - I can't beleive it! We have all d Anyway, as for names for the group, I am not very good at things like this, and the only thing I came up with was "Marching Forward" -it's not Irish though!!! Britt

Reading this thread: