Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Depression Community

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.765 posts in 47.065 threads.

161,095 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Pisces83, BazzViol, TGee, A-n-o-n, qwe

Breakers - Monday Roll Call

18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lori, it will get easier, every time you don't light up the trigger weakens. Brent
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yo!!!!!!! checkin' in smokeless..................... (translation from over the pond to mad english) Tally-ho chaps! I am present and correct and have not ignited a tube of tobacco. Just loved the definition of a cigarette the other day on a post! "A tube with a fire at one end and a fool at the other!" That got me rolling in the aisles. Brent [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 276 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �195 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
18 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lucy, Thanks for the welcome. I am hoping to be around and posting more. It helps me too to be accountable to others and I think this group will be just great for me. Keep up that GREAT quit Lucy!! Keepin' the faith Tabitha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,307 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $192 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
18 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Breakers! I am new posting to the Breakers thread. I'm doing GREAT this time around. I had a few milestones this past weekend...I made it to one month quit and i got through my first weekend nekkid. I actually forgot to put on the patch 2 days in a row so I figured nekkid was the way to go. This site has been so helpful to me, even though i don't post much...i still lurk and read all the posts. You all have GREAT quits happenning here. Keep on kickin that nicodemons Butt!!! YEA Breakers!!! Tabitha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,305 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $192 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
18 years ago 0 189 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry Lori - i must've written it down wrong! I'll check in on you for REAL congrats on Sunday when I get back from up my fiancee's parent's place...can you believe we're almost at one whole month!!?? (i'm one day behind you.) Lucy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 665 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $221 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
I was just going through our list (umm...I mean I was working really really hard!!), and I'm not sure if we congratulated the following for reaching their one-month smoke-free anniversary!! So i figured now is the time to do so (if we didn't already), so here goes: 1. Smokefree2, quit date of Dec 1/05 2. Bill, quit date of Dec 3/05 (though i think we lost Bill) 3. penquin, quit date of Dec 8/05 4. brentw1, quit date of Dec 8/05 5. Lori, quit date of Dec 12/05 6. Tabby, quit date of Dec 15/05 (please let me know if i have any incorrect information) :8|: ;p [size=4](belated) CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!![/size] Breakers Rule!! Lucy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 663 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $221 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
Lent - uh - Brent!! Hmmmm.....the images your post brings to mind.......;p Joking!! I thought about bumping this earlier, or starting a new Breakers post, but nothing is really new for me here in Ontario....the cravings are managable, i'm still smoke-free, still eating anything that will fit into my mouth (including pen lids!)... Maybe we should make it a daily thing - if we are on the site, we should at least post even just a quick note saying we're still smoke-free, and i'll try to remember to start a new Monday post every week so they don't get clogged....sound good? BREAKERS RULE!! Lucy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 661 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $221 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
Good morning Breakers, (have i told you how much i hate mornings!!??) Smokefree - wow, 1000 cigarettes not smoked! you're right - the numbers are astounding...i can't believe how many i used to go through in just a few weeks! I too am having trouble with the weight gain....mostly because i just want to eat and eat and eat (don't care what i eat) even when i'm not hungry! I don't actually notice THAT much of a difference in the taste of anything but coffee and chocolate (YUM!! Can't get enough!!), but, (at the risk of an onslaught of laughter and dirty comments), i have to be doing something with my mouth all the time!! My body is definately starting to recover...isn't breathing GREAT!!?? hm - never knew what i was missing i guess! ;) Aunt Sissy - congrats on passing your test! doesn't it feel great to overcome a trigger!? I would suggest retaining a certain level of cautiousness for at least a few months though - better to be safe than sorry right...just my suggestion. Lori - congratulations on 4 whole weeks!! i'd send you a dancing smiley, but i don't know how... :8|: I have confidence in our group - together we can go all the way to the top...someday WE'LL be the elders on this site, teaching all the grasshoppers "the way"... ;p (I wonder why my messages are always so long and rambly!!?) Breakers Rule Lucy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 685 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $229.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
Smokefree2, LOL!!! did you sit there and watch your meter till it went up to 1,000?!?! that's so funny!! that being said - congratulations! that's 1,000 cigarettes not inhaled into your lungs...think how much healthier they are today because of it...... Talk to you later, Lucy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 708 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $238 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
Josie - thanks for responding and for your continued support!! :) Aunt Sissy - it wasn't too long a post...i LOVE reading your responses (what're twins for!!) ;) I haven't really been rewarding myself weekly, so I want to do something i usually don't do for my one month (anniversary?). I'm so excited that it's coming up!! Anyway. Talk to you later, Lucy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 636 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $212.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11

Reading this thread: