Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Depression Community

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.765 posts in 47.065 threads.

161,095 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Pisces83, BazzViol, TGee, A-n-o-n, qwe

Breakers - Monday Roll Call

18 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Tabby!!! the more of us there is the stronger we become. Congrats on making it without over the weekend. That must make you feel good about this quit. Your meter looks great!!!! Has anyone else had dreams of smoking like penquin?? has 2 weeks more quit than me. wonder if there is usaually a time frame that it usually happens. penquin-When did you have your first one? Can't wait to hear from everyone AGAIN. Look at that, I did make it to over 1,000 not smoked over night. That meter just blows my mind. Every time I look at it something amazes me. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,013 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $162.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
Hey Luci-Lou.. I personally don't think it matters which you reward, I pat myself on the back for all of them. But On fridays I take my husband and I out for dinner for each additional 1week/7DAYS not smoking. After we hit the beach (100DAYS) I will start counting months. Since our first big goal is in days it makes sense to me to count weeks/days. I think really though it is just what ever you want to do. As far as rewards I started big for first week I bought myself a GAZELLE exercise machine(just because) and have gotten smaller on last few. I just allow myself to by what I want with the money I would have spent on smokes. I would allow at least one big item for a job well done as long as it doesn't break the bank. I spent $50.00 each week on my smokes though. I try not to spend but about $25.00 so the rest can be saved to go on my 100 days quit. It is real close to our 2nd wedding anniversay. Would like to go back to Smokey Mnt that is where we got married and went back last year for our ann and would love to go back again this spring. Gonna quit babbling now. Hope it wasn't to long for you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,017 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $162.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
Good morning to all! I feel like a closed a door on this thing last night at work. My boss made me absolutely furious and it took me about an hour and another women to walk up to me with a cig for the thought to smoke even crossed my mind. I have been very worried how I would react the first time I got mad, that was usually the first thing I went for was my smokes. I got an A+ on that test. Thank God. I know I can make it now as long as I want it. I have come to the realization that this is a choice. And from now on I have to choose in every situation not to smoke my mind is made up already. That felt real good last night though to know I didn't even think about it until I seen someone else with one an HOUR later. :) Do you think that is being to over confident. I feel like I have tried to protect and shelter my quit these few weeks, but last night made me feel like I actually have the controll now. Brentw1- I know you lost your quit once on here, did you feel confident you had it under control and then something happened and you lost it or did you just not protect it??? (Just wondering if I really should still be more cautious, am I fooling myself to be this confident this soon) Congrats to Lori today is 4Weeks Great Job!!!!!!!!!!! Smokefree2 yes I can tell a diffence in my health. I was kinda bummed cause I thought I would see a difference a lot soon but now I can tell, my hair even feels healthier, my skin is broke out worse than ever I used to never breakout, not now. But I can take a deep breath and feel it to the bottom of my lungs now that feels good. I don't get winded and huff and puff like I used to going up and down our stairs at home. I sinus are real dry though and some days my throat is too and it chokes me up occasionally. But I know it is all good, I am healing and I can feel it. We all have made it so far. :) We all deserve a pat on the back and a good job reward..... for making it this far. That is something we have seen alot of others on this site not do..We should be very proud and I am very proud of all of you guys for doing this and doing it so well. Happy to be a Breaker with you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B]
18 years ago 0 64 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, I wanted to announce the 1000th "cigarettes not smoked" part was listed as part of my stats, but it is ranked at 994, and I have to leave soon. So I would like to prematurely announce that I have achieved a milestone by not smoking 1000 cigarettes and feeling better (in more ways than one) every day. Check it out. Breakers Rock Smokefree2[b]Breakers Rock[/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 995 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $196 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$22,780.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5360 Hours: 2

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Testing....testing..1...2...3 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 994 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $196 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$22,780.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

At last. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,000 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $200 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
  • Quit Meter

$22,780.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hello Everybody,Smokefree2 checking in. I am sorry I missed this post for days, and would have checked in sooner if I had found it. I like the idea of a weekly mon roll call. I find myself curious to know how all of you are doing.This group sounds great, and I am proud of each of you. I will have hit the 1000 cigarettes not smoked by tonight, and am amazed by those numbers. The "vivid" dreams returned only one night last week ( I remember them from my previous quit) and I was smoking up a storm during the dreams. I woke up glad that I was still smokefree and shoved that nicodemon a little furthur away from me. He stinks. The weight gain has overwhelmed me as I have picked up 6 pounds overnight. Isn't the food tasting good to you? The teramiso I had the night contributed a lot to this weight gain AND my higher cholostrol count, but it was good. The patches are still working and I am going step down to a 7mg soon. No complaints. Is anybody else noticing that our bodies are starting to recover? My breathing is better, the lungs don't hurt, the coughing is going away, my face is loosing it's gray pallor, my breath is fortunately much better, and I FEEL better. The best part of it all is to hug friends and not stink. Breakers Rock Smokefree2 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 985 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $196 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$22,780.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thought we should be top of the pile for a while! Smoke free and proud to be a breaker! Mad Englishman [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 290 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �205 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
Didn't say who got waxed........ ;p
Having bumped us, I then went back and read some of the newer posts........welcome to Tabby! Lucy, you can reward yourself whenever you want! I personally do it every time I take a breath! As for facials........as an ugly englishman.......I find that they are of questionable value for me, I much prefer a good leg wax! Brent

Reading this thread: