Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,473 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Good and bad days

10 years ago 0 1022 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Samantha, one of the best things I've learned from this program is the need for me to have activities that are pleasurable and activities that give me a sense of accomplishment.  I attempt to do both each day now.  Makes a huge difference in my outlook on life and my opinion of myself!

Although, sometimes.... I just can't get anything done.  I have learned that sometimes, it is ok to DO nothing.  Sometimes, it is ok to just accept that nothing is going to get done and I just have to be in survival mode.  Kind, gentle survival mode... no judging allowed.  When I can accept without kicking myself, it passes quickly... usually no more than one day and then I'm back up and running again.   
10 years ago 0 619 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
With sun or rain, with cold or hot weather, in a good or bad day I practice ashtanga yoga 5 or 6 days a week. It is one of the best things I do to help with mood swings.
10 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Samantha,

Sunday, I woke up with a pretty bad mood. I originally planned to join a Yoga class at 7:30am. I didn't feel like to go and wanted to stay in bed. The bed feels warm and safe. There were a lot chatting in my mind. Finally, one voice won. Go to Yoga, because I know exercise beats depression.
I left my house before 7:00am on Sunday. The street was quiet and almost empty. Happily at gym, I found many other people were already there and Yoga class started as usual. After the exercise, I felt pretty good. Yoga turned a bad day into a good day for me. Although this may not be news to everybody, I just want to share my personal experience as a testament.

Jasper
10 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi everyone,

We all have good and bad days. On good days it seems that we are motivated to conquer the world but on bad days it’s easy to not even move from bed. Finding motivation to overcome your fears can be hard on good days but even harder on bad days. We all know the benefits of being in control of our fears; self approval, a sense of accomplishment, enjoyment… just to mention a few but it can just be hard to find the enthusiasm to get there some days. 

Some ways to keep on plan is to organize activities for yourself to do, both pleasurable activities and activities that give you a sense of accomplishment. Some ideas are donating to a good cause, going to the gym, completing a home project and helping your kids with their homework.  There are plenty of other ways to get motivated to seize each and everyday too. As we prepare for the weekend, please share with us how you’ve kept motivated on both your good days and not so good days.

Let us know,

Take care  

Samantha, Health Educator 

Reading this thread: