Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Mood Boosters for the Summer

13 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I like to walk outside as the sun is setting (not so hot).  The dog likes it too.
I like the rain too Pete, if it isn't accompanied by thunder and lightening, I can enjoy a nice stand in the rain, walk in the rain.
I like the birds, the fresh air, and the flowers blooming.
I like something new this summer, watching my granddaughter play t-ball.  They are so cute.  She's 3. (4 in October).

13 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My Summer mood boosters?

If it is sunny, sitting inside (sorry to be a downer, but sunshine makes my head ache). I live in the city, and hot days are very unpleasant.
If it is raining (and I live in England so that is quite frequent), I like to go out in it and get refreshed. I also get a perverse kick out of all the sun-lovers moaning.
13 years ago 0 121 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Taking pictures is a summer mood booster for me too. I wish I could eat outside (sounds so nice), but the bees, flies and mosquitoes are just too numerous.
13 years ago 0 217 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I like to take pictures of flowers, bees, birds...anything nature! I also like to eat outside if weather permits. We have a nice little patio and bbq in our backyard, its always nice to sit out there.

Strength

13 years ago 0 11210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,

Now that summer is finally here we can get outside and enjoy the weather! What have you found to be great mood boosters in the summer time?

Here are a few ideas to get the list going:

-Dive into a pool or lake
-Sit outside and enjoy the breeze
-Go for a bike ride
-Go for a picnic

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: