Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Goal setting one step at a time

10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Samantha,
Knowing I need something nurture my spirit thru meeting people, I try to make sure i'm in some course most of the year.  I missed an enrollment opportunity recently, so I might not have something following a course ending this Thursday.  I waited too long, and the registration closed. 

I'll work hard at finding something to tide me over the summer, since there's a 6 week gap between may 24 and the beginning of july when the next course starts.  I could evaluate the course I took, and see if it helped or hindered too.   I can review the resaons of taking courses, from Nelson Bolles' book "The Three Boxes of Life", and that should help.
10 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Members,

When setting goals pertaining to your healthy behaviour change journey, you may feel overwhelmed by the enormity of the task or of the length of time over which you will be maintaining the chosen behaviour change.

This being the case, it is often useful to set specific goals over shorter periods of time. For instance, you may wish to resolve not to drink for the next 100 days, or until your next birthday. Once the milestone in the near future rolls around, you may then set the next milestone, and the next milestone, etc.

By setting goals in this fashion, you will not only keep track of your progress more effectively (relative to all of the milestones you've reached), but you will also make behavior change more manageable and rewarding.

Have you used this method of goal setting? If so, please share your experience with us.

Samantha, Health Educator 

Reading this thread: