Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,478 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Transitioning back to work

11 years ago 0 250 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Shari, I will look into it. I am willing to try just about anything :)
11 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sunflower, it's Shari.  I just wanted to share a book with you, like you did with me :)  It's called, 150 Best Low-Stress Jobs by Laurence Shatkin.  It's pretty inexpensive on Amazon.  I read it a long time ago and being a Baker was one of the jobs.  It may be of some help :)  I need to take another look at it again :)

Shari
I am going to call my doctor today. He did put me on anxiety medication to help the situation but it just made me sick and dizzy, not a great feeling in the mornings when I am already sick and dizzy from anxiety!

Most career counsellors charge for their services so I wouldn't be able to do that sadly.

Thanks

Sunflower
11 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sunflower Painter,

Sorry to hear you are having a challenging day today. We are here for you. You are not in this alone.

Talk to your doctor in regards to taking sick leave. Your doctor will likely be able to give you information and possible referrals to resources in your area. Also, talk to a career counselor. Although they likely do not specialize in finding jobs just for people with anxiety disorders they do specialize in finding jobs that are the right fit for each individual. They will have resources that can help you further investigate what you want.

Ashley, Health Educator
I am thinking of taking time off but I am not sure how to even get stress leave. I work in child care but I work within a family referral agency. A lot of the families are about to lose their kids. 

Lately I have been missing a lot of work, either I have been sick or my daughter. Yesterday I missed work and I am now afraid I will be fired.

I really wish there was an agency that helped people with anxiety find work. 

Now today I don't work but I feel awful, nauseous and dizzy but I am not sure if this is anxiety or an illness.

I have no idea how to go about telling my boss I am stressed. She is not a very nice person.

Sunflower
You're very welcome!

Hopefully a member will be along shortly to share their thoughts with you.

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ashley
I have been on long term sick leave for 18 months, I hope to be back to work by the time my leave ends which is in Feb 2013. I have a stressful job as a caseworker for those who are on social assistance. I am quite sure I will not return to this position. I would be interested in what other peoples experience is like having returned to work. Did their employer make compensations .

Thanks for this great website
MaryLouise

Have you taken a leave of absence from work? How are you feeling about returning?

Please know you are not alone and absence from work related to mental illness is more common that you think. Luckily, you have a great group in which to talk about it!

What worries you the most? If you’ve transitioned back to work, do you have any tips for those currently in the process?

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: