Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Your top 3- Inspiring People

12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Carmie
Maybe we can find inspiration in everyone

I'll bet if we look deeply into each other, and were present enough,we could find that spark, and light ourselves up, just like candles on a cake so we could keep ourselves going through the rough times.  This must be what people mean when they same that connection with others helps us by providing emotional "shock absorbers"

I think I could get over my fear with people, if carry these "reframings" with me

If this resonates with anyone, I'd like to hear about it...
12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
People inspire me every day.  Everyone who posts here on the Panic Center is an inspiration.  The person who leaps to mind is the former director of my daughter's summer camp (She passed in October).  She dedicated her life to summer camp and to inspiring girls and young women to never give up and to live their lives to their fullest potential. 

I am a nervous driver.  One day before camp, we were up visiting and helping the directors to move some boxes, rake leaves, ect (My daughter is at the camp on a scholarship - it's the least we can do).  Anyway, the director asked me to drive the camp van, filled with boxes, backwards for a bit down a little camp road to another cabin.  My immediate reaction was that she should find a better suited person for the job.  She asked "You know how to drive, don't you?".  I answered yes and she looked me and smiled and said "I KNOW you can do it".  Now, whenever I have challenges to face, I hear her voice saying "I KNOW you can do it" and I go ahead and try.  There is nothing quite like someone who believes in you and your abilities and what happened to me is what I know happened to just about everyone who met this woman.  She had a unique talent for instilling confidence in everyone she met.  People knew very little about her personally because she always was asking about others and not talking about herself and her accompishments.  From this I draw a great deal of inspiration.

My three people were all mentors.

One was probably the first to help me after my father died. He was a guidance counsellor who saw me devasted and offered his time, as I tried to pull myself together in high school.

Another was the longest running person to help me on the growth journey. He was a great resource broker.

The third might be the supervisor who went on to better things, and even wrote a book. He shared my religious values and was energetic and showed his success before an after the company we were in.

12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I used to think all my anxiety came from coming from a broken home and leaving home at 15 to go live in a tiny cabin by myself. I only have one brother and was not close to my parents. My Mother died when I was 18 and my Dad when I was 30.
It seems that this might have contributed but it seems that people can come from perfect families and still end up here. 
My heroes have always been people that pulled up their socks and got on with it through thick and thin. If they can, maybe I can. 

Davit.
12 years ago 0 59 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My dad was, and always will be my biggest inspiration, despite being disabled from middle age, he underwent 6 hip replacements, 4 knee replacements, had both his wrists pinned & he still walked in marathons & climbed the mountains in the English lake district where we live to raise money for charity many times each year. Unfortunately he passed away 2 years ago but he was still laughing & making jokes even when he knew he only had minutes left to live. His perseverance & determination will keep me focused to finish this program. 

Samantha,
Great timing!  I'm doing some core values work for a course, and my old computer can't be revived.  This thread should help, since often we don't like just the person, but are attracted to their values...
12 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

The world is filled with inspirational people.What three people have inspired you? How did they impact you? What was it about these people that meant something to you?

Samantha, Health Educator

Reading this thread: