Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

Your Top 3- Things You Have Not Done

12 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
3 things I have not done but want to

1)Finish College. I got thru a few sememsters..with a 4.0 but do to so unforseeable events had to drop out. Id love to go back and perhaps with a different degree graduate
2)Id love to go on a full vacation with my husband and Son. I havent been on a vacation since i was 10. I would really love to take my son out and go camping or something.
3) Id love to travel, like fly out of state to some far off neat place like Ireland or Germany or heck even Cananda. Ive never left my State in my memory.

12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Deborah, I wanted to tell you that I thought of you when I went to get my mammogram this morning!  I very nearly had a panic attack.  I had to spend a lot of time in the waiting room (they took pictures...I had to wait...they took more pictures...I had to wait).  While in the waiting room, I was so anxious that I broke out into a rash but it never became a panic attack (Thanks to what I learned at my therapist, from doing my homework, and most importantly from everyone here!!). 
I don't know if you've had your first ever but I am told that they very often have you back (because they need to establish a baseline and to understand what is normal in your body).  So I have had to return several times while they look at certain things and re-look.  Well, as you can imagine it is a challenge for me to handle. 
I will share the techniques I used in the waiting room.  I started to do Progressive Muscle Relaxation - wasn't helping.  Then I tried box breathing - that helped.  Then I took a mental vacation off to a beach in Puerto Rico - that was fantastic - and then the nurse returned!  I alternated between trying to relax and sometimes just giving in to the fact that my body was in panic mode and had to do what it wanted to do - I allowed it to do so and soon the physical symptoms disappeared.
This is lengthy and I apologize - I did want you to know that thinking about telling you later what worked for me - helped me!  I hope your day improves! 
12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I can come up with a list of 2 things that I haven't been able to do since July.

1.  Run completely around my favorite running route, alone.  I used to be able to do this - Now I need to have a buddy when I run and since July I haven't dared to run around by myself.  I always seem to get nervous the further away from the car that I am.  I did some work last week and was able to run a mile away from the car before turning back.

2.  We have a family vacation scheduled in February and it requires flying - I prefer not to think about it presently.  I just right to the destination part.

I would like to say to Maggie that I hope you get to see the snow - I am always thrilled to take our kids to Florida!  My husband drives us - I am not a fan of flying and it is often times expensive when we want to travel.  Good luck!

And Deborah best of luck to you, too!  In fact, I have to go do your #1 item tomorrow and I am hoping that it is going to give me peace of mind.  I wish you the best!

12 years ago 0 63 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Three things I want to do:

1- Take my kids to see snow I live in Florida so that means travel..yikes

Sorry can't really think of anything else..

Maggie
12 years ago 0 542 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Three things I want to do and have not been able to do:

1,  Go get a physcial, pap smear and mamogram, the thought terrifies me but not going could kill me! Its so scary.

2, Travel farther from home and not be nervous.

3, Stop my medication and deal with life on its own and not depend on a pill too calm me down, I take a low dose never more but would like too stop, I hear the withdrawal is hellish, anotherwards to deal with life for once.
12 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,

What three things have you not done that you really want to do?

Samantha, Health Educator 

Reading this thread: