Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Lynn123

2024-03-19 2:20 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Myth or Fact

2024-02-23 8:25 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.740 posts in 47.052 threads.

160,402 Members

Please welcome our newest members: INeedCoffee0120, GRHODA MAUI MARIE, Enordin, IRN, MNICOLE

Activities that give you a sense of accomplishment

12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My Lady is French I make French bread just for her with an eighth of a tsp of ginger in it for that added something that makes it special. I'm half French, but just can not speak it.

You have added purpose to your life and that is a very good stress fighter.

Keep us posted.

Davit.
12 years ago 0 424 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Very good idea!!
I am now learning to cook french food
I also want to learn a little about the country of france and its arts and culture,
I feel right at home in my kitchen, love to cook,but not all the time as i have other things i love too!
I always try to learn something new everyday
I love adventure,such as travels into other states,as i have done many times as i was a genealogist.
Love to garden..mainly my roses..
We always give to charity every season,by cleaning our the closets.
These are just a few of my own....

Bren
12 years ago 0 11209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,

Some people make a distinction between activities that bring pleasure and activities that give a sense of accomplishment. Some activities are performed for pure pleasure such as going to a movie, taking a bubble bath, wiggling toes in the sand or basking in the sun. Other activities aren’t so pleasant to do but when you finish them you feel good because you get a sense of accomplishment or control over a situation.

For example, cleaning the kitchen floor or tidying up a closet may not be exactly “fun,” but you can feel “good” or “better” after having done a small job because you can feel like you have accomplished something.

Over the next several weeks we are going to ask you to do some experimenting by doing things that may provide a sense of pleasure or accomplishment. Again, all we ask is that you try it and see what happens.

If you’re having some trouble coming up with some activities that will give you a sense of accomplishment, here’s a list that will get you started:

Donating to a good cause
Passing a test
Planning a trip or vacation
Making a piece of Art
Redecorating
Rearranging furniture
Learning something new
Learning how to fix something
Doing the dishes
Writing something well
Saying something well
Making other people happy