Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,478 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Getting to know members 5

12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
eleveno

The Bipolar people that I know that are staying on their meds are doing okay and you would be hard pressed to know they were not normal people. But they have had to be patient and do some fine adjusting of dose. This has meant frequent trips to the doctor but the change has been almost miraculous.  Good luck.

Davit
12 years ago 0 619 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What was stopping me from getting what I want is that just recently I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I never understand my mood swings. One day I could be with good plans for the future but the next day I would be depressed and not working at all. These up and downs interfered mery much with my professional life.

For about 1 month now I have been on meds for the bipolar disorder and I already feel an huge improvement in my mood and sleep. In this way I think that having the proper medication plan would help me get what I want because I consider myself an organized person (but not perfect!).
12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI Ashley: I suppose in the beginning it was the family responsibilities as a mother and wife, later laziness and fear.  Laziness because it is so much easier to just walk away.  Fear because, oh my gosh, it has arrived, my time to do this.  In my heart and my mind, I am going to do it.  I know I will.  I may fall flat on my face, but I don't care, I will have tried and that is what will make me happiest of all.  Out of all my art I wish to do, something good will come out of it - could be physical, could be mental, spiritual, whatever, but I am very eager and very excited to get started.  It will be soon.  I will have my very own studio.  This is something I have always wanted and it is a bit scary - but oh, so exciting too.

Sunny 
12 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What do you think is stopping you within yourself?
Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ashley:  What I want is to be an artist - have lots of artwork around the house and people asking to buy a piece.  What's stopping me?  Nothing (money helps though, to be honest), so jus t go to it and DO.

Sunny 
12 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the 5th Getting to Know Members thread.  If you are just joining us feel free to post your thoughts and say hello.  These threads are a great place to start.  The purpose of these threads is to get to know members as individuals and not as their disorder or addiction. After all, you are much more than your disorder!

Last week’s question focused on what you want, in a week, a month a year.  Many people gave thoughtful answers if you haven’t yet please find the thread a post there.

To those of you who have answered, or to those of you have thought carefully about the above question please answer the following: What is stopping you from getting what you want?

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: