Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Monitoring your symptoms

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
~m

Makes sense to me.

Here for you, (always)
Davit
13 years ago 0 376 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tiana.... Yes, I do need to talk to my doctor and therapist about the depression.  Unfortunately, my appointment with my therapist has been rescheduled several times, so I have not seen her in over a month and a half.  It's rescheduled for next Thursday, so I do hope it doesn't have to change again.  My primary care physician left town and now I have to find another doc... which I keep putting off because it's just too.... overwhelming.... I keep dragging my feet.

Sometimes I get so caught up in the negative thoughts I just can't see anywhere to go except follow the downward spiral.  What Davit and Hugs wrote made sense and they made me laugh at myself which really truncated the whole beat down session.  I just get to taking myself way too seriously sometimes, so it was good to be called on it.  Actually, it was good to experience the sudden total despair.... and then be able to stop it ... dust myself off and move forward.  I've pretty much always just given in to it, because fighting it is nearly impossible.  Today, the experience was more of the guys helping me to step aside and let it pass on by which is so much easier than fighting it and way more effective.

I don't know that I've explained this well.  It is the first time I've experienced this almost instant relief of total despair.  Just by .... calling my own bluff ??? I'm not sure.  The turn around was pretty amazing.
13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi ~m,

Doesn't sound like you are doing so well. Do you think it would be worthwhile to talk to your doctor about your worsening symptoms of depression?

Tiana, Health Educator
thanks guys... you gave me a chuckle... nothing better to chase the negative thoughts away.
~m

Your still here posting, you must be doing something right even if it is not as much as you think it should be. 

Yeah I think that is what is happening with you. At least you know it is part of the healing process. A while from now and you will look back and wonder why it mattered. Just keep plugging along. Like my cast, thought it would be great only to find I have to build muscles again and teach them how to work. (walk) All things in time.

Here for you,
Davit.

Ps. You can have posts removed but I'm on here often enough I'll catch it before you get rid of it, so won't do you no good. I'm watching even if I'm not participating all the time.
13 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
~m,
sounds like you're being hard on yourself.

I remember a friend stating that she often felt she had to protect me from myself, so I kind of feel that now with you...
I sure wish I could delete my posts sometimes.... That statement is not true.  I am not doing everything I'm supposed to be doing.    
Ashley wrote: 

For other, as soon as they start tracking their physical symptoms, thoughts and behaviors they may find that things get worse. Tracking symptoms forces people to look at their symptoms and avoidant behaviors causing them to realize how much panic and anxiety has disabled them. This awareness can lead to increased feelings of anxiety and even depression.

Oh... I guess that is what is happening with me... I am doing everything I'm supposed to be doing to get better and I just get to feeling worse and worse.  The depression is creeping higher and deeper.  I feel so lost and disappointed in myself.  tired.  my inclination is to hide out, but that never helps anything. does it?  anyway, sorry haven't been participting much.  
Congratulations Davit on getting the cast off.
Red,

Yes I did and yes I am happy, thank you for asking. One less stress.

Your friend 
Davit.

13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit,
I will be sure to go slow if I decide to try this..Anxiety and stress does raise my blood pressure 170 over 100 is a little high.
Last time I was at my primary doctor and he took my pressure for the second time he did say to try to think happy thoughts and see lets see if your pressure will come down..It didn't come down enough so I left his office with new bp meds..I think I will wait until I have started my new meds and have gotten adjusted to them before I push myself any further. Anyway for now I think that coming here and posting as it relates to my anxiety and agoraphobia is kind of like using a pen and paper for me it is like saying it out loud so to speak..This has enabled me to do the exposure that I do outside of the house. And of course the 10 question list is something you can use everywhere especially when you are carrying it around in your head..Its like you said, automatic after a while..
P.S.
I also have one question for you today.  Did you get your cast of today?? You do sound very happy..Just wondering!!!

Your Friend
Red

Reading this thread: