Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,473 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Month End Success Check In

13 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Guys,

I'm becoming a bit of a staple here... I like it here.

My success this month is that I actually started doing exposure work. At the first week I had the exposure homework, I thought it impossible, cuz I had to expose myself to "thoughts" instead of situations. But after I did the first exposure, was kind of wierd, and actually did make me all panicky. I still can't figure out what I'm afraid of...
but after doing that, I started to remember things that I have been avoiding that I could expose myself to.
Caffeine and Seafood
So today I'm having a coffee
and Thursday is my day off and my hubby is taking me out for lunch for seafood.
May be a bit more than I can chew (pun intended) but I will order Salmon and my hubby a burger. If I can't do it we'll switch - coping mechanism?
Anyway, I digress...
my success is making progress with my exposure work, and being optimisic that I will recover!

Ocean
13 years ago 0 152 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ashley,

each month that goes by i feel a little better and try to do a bit more, i go to the grocery store regularly, have met an old school friend for lunch (the last time i met this friend i had an attack) so i really wanted to go back and do it again, gone shopping with friends, had visitors all day long, let my daughter go off to school in the city today on her own, when driving i try to take the road i would normaly avoid, a few months ago i avoided going to the theatre to see a show when my whole family went, now my next goal is to go back and see that show i will go to a matinee they went to a night time one, but i really want to do it, so i am trying hard to expose myself and use what i learn here to get well.

Your friend Debi

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ashley.

My rather Large success has overshadowed my smaller successes and possibly other peoples too, but it really is the little ones that I feel count more. The every day little things that make life easier. One big success is nice but since I will never have to do it again it will soon fade. Going to the grocery store when I want to may be a small thing but overall it is a bigger success than my one real big success. It will be with me every day. And it will help me with any others that decide to pop up. If I can do this consistently I can do anything.

Here for you,
Davit
13 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,

It’s already the end of another month! What successes have you experienced this month?

•    Take the time to acknowledge the day-to-day success.
•    Look at your Panic Diary and see the positive differences. 
•    Share with others and be proud of what you are accomplishing. 

It doesn’t have to be a large number either, share how you feel, how you look and what you are doing to push forward to achieve your goals. 

Sharing your tips and tools can help others through their own journey and we can always learn from one another.  Get sharing today!

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: