Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

Something disturbing

13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tiana  &  ~M 

Thank you for your kind and supportive words...I am glad you are here too.

Red
13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
~m, it sounds like the statement of a wise woman who has learned much and also has both feet firmly planted in reality!

Stay stong and stay out of the wind! Or wear heavy shoes... if ya can't change it, work around it!

Tiana, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 376 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for taking the time to clarify Red.  I appreciate the thoughtful tone of your post.  I'm glad you are here.

Thanks for your encouragement Tiana.  Today IS going to be a good day...  Not perfect as 60-70 mph winds are expected, but now I have more balance in realizing that yes there will be some anxiety as I'm not "cured" but I do have the tools to manage this.  I will manage better than last time but probably not as good as next time.  I will build layers of success over this phobia... but am open to the possibility that it may scrape raw bone again too.  That sounds like such a wishy-washy statement, but for some reason it FEELS empowering.  Weird.

13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunny: great and wise words. Thanks for that.

~m, hope you are doing ok today.

Red: glad you are sticking around for now. You have much wisdom to share and have been a supportive member.

Thanks to all of you for sharing yourselves here.

Tiana, Health Educator
Thanks  ~M
and a little note to everyone reading tonight...

I wanted to let you know I am not leaving the program.  I just will not be on as much as a used to be. I do find that I am having a harder time relating to and supporting other members now than I used to..I have been doing this program without meds or a therapist since I began here 2 yrs ago..So sometimes it is a little hard to for me to relate to everyone on these subjects..I think my experience working the program and my needs maybe a little different because of this.. Anyway for now I will post and try to be a supportive member where and when I can... 

Red

Keeping the faith   Thank you so much for the inspiration!
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello everyone:  When having a set back you are never back to square 1.  Why?  Because now you have knowledge of what's happening and have studied the CBT program, even if you haven't finished it yet.  You will have more understanding of your patterns of behaviour, your triggers.  From these you will learn things about yourself.  All good.  So a step back isn't necessarily a negative thing.  It might seem that way because we feel we have failed again.  But not so, setbacks are all part of the learning process we go through while healing.  It might be one step forward and two back for awhile.  Then as time goes by and the more you practice the coping techniques and use them during exposures or just to relax during the day, you will notice fewer steps back and more forward.  It's really doable.  Keep the faith and believe.

Your friend, Sunny
Red wrote:
 I just want to say that .... I am also free. I don't really fit in here now..

If this means you will be leaving, I think you should know you would be greatly missed. 
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi.

Just so you all know, I'm not going anywhere. I'll still be here to welcome the new people and support everyone as best as I can and show the world it can be done. 

Here for you.
All of you.
Davit.
Davit,
 I just want to say that I feel the same way... I am also free. I don't really fit in here now..
To all the people just looking at this site for the first time:
I want to let you know I have done very well here with the cbt program and it has worked for me.  I am also Therapist and Med free.  I want to add that I have done this program using only the cbt program, the group, the educators and my partner as my support..So I want to let anyone who is looking at the program and group for the first time know that you can learn to be panic and anxiety free. This program works for everyone..Weather you are on meds or not or have a therapist or not..You can learn from this program and greatly improve your life..It may be a little harder I really don't know for sure and it may take a little longer but it can be done...You can beat this thing once and for all with the help of this program. I hope you give it a try. Good luck to you all...

Red

Red

Reading this thread: