Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

Placebo

13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,

Continuing on Davit's train of thought regarding activities or things that help you relax while working through the program, I invite you to share your techniques and strategies for relaxing yourselves in order to achieve a state where you can work on the program more efficiently.

Samantha, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi.

There are numerous stories of miraculous cures for no logical reason. The mind is capable of building thought so negative as to cause sickness. On the other hand there are stories of people believing something so strong that it works.

How many of us have set routines we follow.
How many of us swear by things that should not work.
How about luck, good and bad. (Friday the thirteenth) (the number seven or ten)
How about things we believe are influencing our lives. (fluorescent lights)
The list goes on. 

If it isn't hurting any one, why not, most placebos are harmless and fade out when not needed.
Just don't use them in place of established things that work. If a certain routine allows you to relax or concentrate while you do the program or exposure then I think it is okay to do it. Some may in fact prove to be valid such as my use of calcium to calm me.

Here for us
Davit

Reading this thread: