Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,479 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Mood Boosters

13 years ago 0 356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My mood boosters would also be to do something with my hands like needle crafts of any sort. If I can't sit to do that then a cup of warm coffee or tea, anything warm seems to be good. As does a warm bath! 

I loved reading everyone else's posts here on this topic so thought I would throw mine in, but hey are not very original. Warm baths and tea are SO nice especially in winter!

13 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit,
That is why we look to excuse the expression (the elder's of the group) for a little help up. I can believe the being a mess part as I have been there and what great progress we have made!
10 and 1/2 inches, that is quite a project. I will be very happy to see the progress you have made, looking forward to it and keep us posted on the scan. 

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chay

As you can see I have been on this site for over a year. Wise I don't know about but I have built a large knowledge base in that time. You might find it hard to believe what a mess I was. I was addicted to Ativan and suffered panic attacks every night around two o'clock for two years. I always had a lot of anxiety and panic but got by with avoidance. Some days I was like a bowl of Jello in an earthquake. I still get some bad days, but they are all side effects of other medication.
Probably it is not so much knowing a lot as seeing a lot. As you may have noticed we are not alone, there are others suffering the same symptoms although you some times have to go back through the posts to find them.

I managed to get down the stairs to my lathe. I am making an ornamental plate, 10 1/2 inches in diameter and it has a brown core in a very nice rose pattern. I will post it when it is closer to being finished.

Weather permitting I have a CT scan to go for next week. They hope to find the infection and cut it out.

Here for you always,
Davit
Davit,
I think you are a very wise person. As I read this post I realized that I too am always trying to prove myself to people, I always seem to need other's approval. Which is wrong. We are good at we do. From what I see you are very good at what you do and hope you are proud of your candle holder's. Looking forward to some pictures when you can post some more  : ) You are also a very good listener and provide support and advice in this forum.
Glad the antibiotics are helping, you should be up and running in no time.
 Thanks for being there.

13 years ago 0 152 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

I also love a clean house, sometimes i like cleaning more than others lol i love to go through the whole house and i feel really good once it is done, I love fresh flowers in the house, they smell and look pretty, i love candles and candlelight as well, i always have lamplight in the house i hate bright light.

you are good enough Davit, dont measure yourself by anyone elses standards, you only have to be as good as you need to be for you.

I hope your ankle gets better soon so you can do the things you enjoy

xxx

Chay

This could use some input from others, but here is what I think. When I make a candle holder or anything for that matter, I think it is a need to prove that one of my core beliefs is wrong. The one that says I will never be good enough. I think this is why I never like to build the same thing twice. I'm always trying to prove a point. I'm trying to impress others. 
But the pride in a job well done (house cleaning) this I do for me. This is my shop, my space, and I am good, and I can look around at what I have done and say to myself, "damn but I'm good". Because I don't have to show this, this is for me. I know I have accomplished something here. (in the back of my mind where the core belief can't get to) I believe it is just a little something to keep me fighting. A little balance for the subconscious thought that I will never be equal, or good enough. This is mine, no core belief or person for that matter can rain on it. It is where I go for a little sanity in my life. It is my spot. My anchor. 
You will not believe how many times I stop a project and clean up and just sit there and look around. This is my space, this is what I have total control of. No one else, no other thing. Me.

I don't know what is wrong with the ankle but it responds to antibiotics so I think it is an infection of some sort. It is hard to tell since I have arthritis I am quite fragile. It did feel like I had broke it but Xrays say not. Time will tell, it is a fare bit better.

Hmmm. for some reason I do not have any candle holder pictures in my album, I will find one and post it.

Here for you,
Davit.
Hi Davit,
Was just wondering what you thought about us being the way we are in our homes.  Do we keep things in thier place because we feel better having control over the things we can? In my case right now, I can control my home but not the outside world.
Sorry to hear about your ankle, if you don't mind, what happened? Hope it heals soon so you can get back to what you like to do.
Hmm candle holders , I would love to see some of the ones you have built. I just love candlelight and the calming effect and the many odors from the variouse scents they have out there, Vanilla is my favorite but enjoy all fruit scents and lilac. I have yet to find a chocolate scented candle though.

Chay

When I was a little less gimpy I used to spend hours in my shop cleaning, some times it was cleaner than the rest of the house. Everything in it's place. And sometimes I would just sit there enjoying it. My little kingdom so to speak, and I too put a lot of time and effort into it. Funny thing is although I have three new tools and some accessaries, What I am looking forward to when my ankle will let me is thorough cleaning. It is very calming. Easier to than concentrating on some complex project. But I still build things and still clean up after but it just isn't the same.

Here for you,
Davit.

Ps I build holders for the votive candles, They are duel purpose as they will hold an ordinary candle too. Vanilla is nice but I do like the other ones too.
Mood boosters,,, never thought of it before but now I see when all the cleaning is done and everything is put away in it's place, it makes me feel good. Taking care of all the plants I have also makes me feel good. Sitting down after dinner lighting a vanilla candle and admiring my home that I put so much work painting and carpeting and hanging carefully chosen pictures on the wall.
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi..Love the new picture Davit..there are alot of beautiful cats and dogs on here now!
I like to cook ...not the type of cooking that I have to do...you know, everyday meals and even big gatherings..thats just work..ha!  But when I've got free time and nothing planned, to be creative with the ingredients on hand...the other day I made turkey pot pies....no recipe, just using stuff up, puttering around the kitchen ...I rediscovered how much I enjoyed rolling out the dough and shaping it. No pressure...I think they were the best pies I've ever made! ha...
And after we took down the tree I played around with the furniture in the living room..rearranging..I always love doing  that...very calming...even tho it drives Hubby up the wall!ha..
Juanita

Reading this thread: