Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Weekend Prep

13 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Juanita,  You make me laugh :) 

Your friend,
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi shari,
Its so sweet! All you ladies are so talented with your beautiful crafts! You should sell them to people like me...haha, you know, the ones that cant sew, or knit or crochet! 
Your friend,
Juanita

Thanks Sunny :) 

Thanks Red, I've always admired your quilting, you are very talented :) 

Your friend,

13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shari,

Nice to see you back.  Thanks for sharing you penguins.  They are so cute.  I am sure the children receiving just love them.

Red
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shari:  Wow, Cute, cute, cute.  One daughter collects penguins.  Beats me why, don't remember anything specific in her childhood about them.  Very nice Shari.  You do crochet fast!
Sunny
Hi Sunny,  Crocheting is a lot faster :)  I can probably do a half dozen toys in a day.  Knitting is much slower, like you said, but I'm getting faster, with practice.  I really love knitting in the round with 4 double pointed needles; the toys are three dimensional and the patterns are really cute.  I just finished a cute little penguin.  I'll put up the avatar in a minute.  Once I learned to crochet in the round, I couldn't make toys fast enough.  I like smaller, quick, cute projects.  I'm a kid at heart.  Your friend, 
Hi Sunny,  Crocheting is a lot faster :)  I can probably do a half dozen toys in a day.  Knitting is much slower, like you said, but I'm getting faster, with practice.  I really love knitting in the round with 4 double pointed needles; the toys are three dimensional and the patterns are really cute.  I just finished a cute little penguin.  I'll put up the avatar in a minute.  Once I learned to crochet in the round, I couldn't make toys fast enough.  I like smaller, quick, cute projects.  I'm a kid at heart.  Your friend, 
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Shari:  that is wonderful that you give to the children.  Makes me happy too.  I bet they love them.  You must be a fast knitter.  I can crochet pretty fast, but slow at knitting.  I'll be starting a baby blanket soon for my daughter's baby.  She is 5 months and they just found out it is a girl.  I made a blanket for each grandchild.  And a quilt too.  Keep posting, love to hear from you.

Your friend, Sunny
Hi Sunny! 

Yes, it's called Amigurumi and I make tons of those toys :)  In our area there is a huge recession and no one is spending money on crafts even for holiday gifts, so instead I donated all of my knitted and crocheted toys to children who need it and I feel good about that.  I've got to start over and make some more :)  Maybe next year, people will start buying crafts again.  So, I will do that and whatever I don't sell I will give to children's charities.  Thanks for being there for me, I need you.  I need to be here more too, because I miss everyone. 

Hi Teebs! 

Keep those dragons chained; it works!  Sometimes I get tired of doing it, but I keep doing it anyway :)  My friend of 30 years, Chris, is an empty nester now, so we talk and get together more often.  I recently met a lady who teaches a polymer clay class and I'm looking into that.  I have another friend now who will be introducing me to their friends, so my social calendar is looking up.  I will stilll make time for my internet friends.  You all are the ones that got me cured and I'll never forget you.  You all mean more to me than you'll ever know or that words can express. 

Your forever friend,

13 years ago 0 286 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shari,
Good to hear from you! You are another success story for sure with your absence of panic attacks - that is great to hear! Your dragon analogy definitely lives on as I use it regularly :) It's a great one. I've had some bigger ones rear their heads in the last couple of days but you've inspired me to work extra hard to chain them up again.

We're always here  if you want to check in with some internet friends! Have you tried anything like taking a class or volunteering to meet some more people?

All the best,
Teebs

Reading this thread: