Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,485 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd

Tip of the Day

13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunny,

This sounds like a great plan.  It will be so nice getting together with your friends during the winter months.
Enjoy yourself!  Your deserve it!

Red
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you Sunny, those lunches and trips to the museums sound nice. I totally agree on the" blahs" of winter..there's no escaping that here in Canada eh? And I don't know which is worst.. really cold but sunny, or like out here ....its just dreary...never gets too cold, but we can go weeks , even months, seriously, without a ray of sunshine. But then come late  Feb that changes! A friend from work and me are looking at doing something too this winter, like bowling , we work shifts so we can't join a team, but even just having something to look forward to makes life a little easier.
Cleo
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, I agree, mixing it up a little every now and then adds a bit of flavour to humdrum everyday life.  Lots of people change some of their house decor for the spring and summer then back again for fall and winter.  I know someone who has paintings specifically for the different seasons - colours are important to her. 

The long winter months are coming and one new thing I'm planning with 5 other ladies is having lunch together every now and then.  We are planning to have lunch at one another's homes - nothing fancy, just soup and a sandwich and good conversation and joking around.  We're hoping that keeps the winter blahs away.  Another thing we are planning is going to a nearby city and see the museums.  I've been to all of them, but it's been years and there are always new additions to the collections, etc.  Three ladies I know well and are already friends, the other two are more acquaintances, but looking forward to making them friends.
13 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Very right Davit

Ashley, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ashley

I'm guessing but I think you are saying, "stay alive, don't become stagnant." It breeds negative thoughts. And it does.

Davit
13 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,

Change your routine.  You may find the house to be a welcoming environment, or your routine tasks to be comforting and easy. Your comfort zone, however, is also the place where your negative thoughts, fears and anxiety may linger, and you must try to escape it. Rising out of your comfort zone simply means that you should do things that you had never done before, such as engaging in different conversations, physical activities, watching movies alone, or even eating in a restaurant you have never been to. 

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: