Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Negative Core Beliefs - Part VI

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Samantha.

I can't see the reasoning behind these questions other than to point out a possible disorder. 

Question 1. Unless they are hurting anyone, just as they are. I don't want little clones of me.
Question 2. Courteous and loving but not syrupy. I would like people to be less selfish but still themselves.
Question 3. That there is something good in everyone, no matter how little it is. 
Question 4. No different. I would still give people the benefit till proven wrong. I have been proven wrong.
Question 5. Less violent. Less selfish. Less competitive. More health conscious.
Question 6. No different. It isn't going to happen, that is the nature of the beast. It won't change how I act towards my fellow persons. I am only one grain of sand on a very large beach. It is hard not to be like the rest of the grains of sand.
History repeats itself, we don't seem to learn from it.
In times past people pulled together during a crisis. Now they are more inclined to ignore it and say glad it's not in my back yard. Ghandi beat his head against a wall trying to teach people to live with love and respect in a non violent world. Did I cop out moving to a peaceful place where I could have little contact with the outside world? Probably.
But then I am a very different person. I have an anxiety disorder and do not handle the stresses of the world well. Thank God there are places for people like me. There are people out there that still think we should be euthanized or institutionalized. 

People if you find you do not like your answers to some of these questions, remember how you are feeling are core beliefs and will be affecting how you react in the world around you. Don't be surprised if you find yourself getting a bit upset. Three years or so ago I would have answered them different and next year I may still be different. I had to look hard at this exercise because at the time I did not see the relevance,  but it is there. I hope I am not the only one to answer this.

Davit.
13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,

Now that you’ve kept track of your negative core beliefs, try exploring your negative core beliefs about others & the world:

Questions about the World and Other People

1. How would you like other people to be?
2. How would you like other people to act?
3. What would you like to believe about other people?
4. How would you be acting differently if you believed that about other people?
5. What would you like the world to be like?
6. How would you be acting differently if you believed that about the world?

Feel free to share what you have come up with.

Samantha, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: