Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,461 Members

Please welcome our newest members: splumley, Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA

Pass it on

13 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My idea of sharing is being a good listener, really listening, reading and hearing what a person is saying. Letting them know I am listening and that I do care. Showing compassion for my fellow man and encouraging them, empowering them.  Offering my life experience with a situation if it is needed and telling my story . Trying to remember is about them and not me.  This is my way of having compassion and sharing my knowledge. 
I also have a favorite quote.  "Words without works are meaningless"    I learned this from my grandfather he was a great role model and lived the word.

Red
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I like both those quotes.  Anerol, I wish you could be here too.  Each wk. when we meet, I'm going to pretend you arethere too, and say a little prayer for you.
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Another quote.

"Life is not about waiting out the storm, it is about learning to dance in the rain."

Help some one to dance, there are too many who only know how to wait.

Davit.

13 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Can I join?  Well, I'll be there in spirit, I guess.

Have you seen the movie "Into the Wild"? A quote from there: "Happiness is only real when shared."
I am glad you were able to help someone with your knowledge and that it all went well. It does feel good seeing people get well.

Red
Just to say, it went very well this morning with this person and we will be doing it every wk.  And yes, I have mentioned the site.
Yes, I agree about sharing knowledge - reminds me of artists who don't share their work, musicians, singers, painters, writers, because they fear rejection or ridicule, etc.  It comes even more alive when it's shared.
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Knowledge has no value and doesn't exist unless you share it. And you can share it for ever without it wearing out, in fact like wine it improves with age. If I can help only one person with shared knowledge then I have accomplished something. If that knowledge gets passed on and helps others then I have accomplished wonders. No one benefits more from this sharing than me. It may even come back trimmed and improved upon and become even more valuable. 

Free for the asking.
Davit.
13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning sunny,

Passing on what you know to a friend is a great way to learn more and practice what you already know. You can also refer your friend to the site if they want to work through the panic program. Check in and let us know how your morning of relaxation techniques goes.

Samantha, Health Educator
Thats great if you can help other people.  Helping others does help ones self.  It does make you feel good about yourself.

I my self  need to remember to work on myself.  I spent a lot of my life helping other people and put my self on the back burner so now I am really trying to stayed focused on helping me.  I continue to help others where I can.

Red
Good Morning everyone:  Today I have someone coming over this morning who wants to learn relaxation techniques and something about CBT program.  I am passing on as much as I know and will start at the beginning, using the books I used when I started - I have a workbook too.  I feel helping others also helps me.  It's like any self-help group, as you pass it on, the more you learn too.  Just like reading all the posts, you're always learning something. We will do a mini body scan at the beginning of our hour to relax what we feel tight, and then we will discuss a chapter.  Then before she leaves we will end with a  full body muscle relaxation exercise. 

Reading this thread: