Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,458 Members

Please welcome our newest members: jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease, Nallemor, Snaffums

Thoughts on spiritual healing

15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Holy shnickeys, Gene....I can't believe I didn't catch on to that.

I hear you about not being patient enough to wait 2 years on something that may not work...a lot of the groups that require you to "disappear" or join their group for an extended time frighten me.  Well, the thought does...sounds like they want to brainwash you and take away your ability to find second opinions so you can question the validity.  I'm all about finding different perspectives, it's helps me find peace of mind with my beliefs.

Silver:  I agree, both spiritual and conventional have there place in the healing process.  And my girlfriend does Reiki...it puts me on edge though.  I understand it, though generally I can't seem to bring myself to do a lot of spiritual practices.  They require a trust that I'm not willing to give unless I've validated the person beforehand...I feel judgmental saying that, but I figure if you're going to put that much trust to let someone touch your aura, they have to prove themselves.  "Live your life your way and I'll accept you for who you are, but don't expect me to live the same way because it's not me", sorta deal.  That, and I hate peer pressure, if I feel pressured, 9/10 times I won't do it.
15 years ago 0 187 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
PC = panic centre.

Including the forums of course.

I have tried some alternative stuff myself. I threatened to join an eastern therapy group but the first phase of the therapy takes two years and I am not that patient. 
15 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My boyfriend does Reiki for a living and has performed on myself during times of bad eposides with success that surprised me.  I to do not like conventional medicine very much and prefer holistic approaches, though I incorporate the two sides in my healings and recovery since I benifitt from both.  This is a topic that we have discussed in the past as I have thought of simply doing holistic and spiritual as a means of health, for myself though it is not a practical idea though I do lean much more to spiritual guidance and performance in my life and lifestyle, the use of convention still has it's place as well. 
Whoa now...what's PC again?  My bad, my brains fuzzy with my work right now so I'm thinking I'm not...

Perhaps a better formula would be:

PD + GAD + OCD
          PC

Don't think the formula can be:

PD + GAD + OCD - PC

because I don't think the solution will ever be zero but at least it can be divided to infinity.

ROFL Gene!

and you're welcome, and thank yOu for the compliment, Doc!
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lol, love the formulas guys. Thanks for sharing and making me think!

Yea cool formula.

I am still at PA = PD + GAD + OCD

ROFL!!!!!

Thanks to both of you, Breanne and Dazed!  
15 years ago 0 313 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have to agree Joe.  That is an excellent formula.

I always enjoy reading what you have to say and the conversations with Gene always give me something to ponder.

We're lucky to have you both here to share your wonderful insights.

Dazed M

Reading this thread: