Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,479 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Negative Core Beliefs VI

15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Michael,
That is such an inpirational and beautiful thing you did! I'm not religious at all and don't know too much about prayers and such but it really shows how a lot of people just need to be thought and cared for. It was really courageous of you and thanks for letting me read such a story. I went to the store the other day and it really depressed me at just in this store's parking lot people treat you so badly when they're in their cars. They cut you off without any consideration for you. It's really sad.  

15 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
TEST
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh what a wonderful story Michael . Thank you so much for sharing it with us . Well done you that was very brave to do as well with the way you were feeling too .
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Micheal for sharing that experience with us. It is inspirational to me. Food for thought for sure! Thank you again.
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I second what minnesota just said. Good for you for standing up for yourself, and for others.
It does sound like you made a few people's day!

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 341 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI Michael, good for you standing up to that woman.  Its always nice to make someones day, and it also makes your day, when someone thanks your for making their day!!! Dont worry about rambling, I do it all the time:)
15 years ago 0 41 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Everyone

Such wonderful thoughts expressed by everyone.  I too wish for those things.  I had a unique experience recently.  I was on a very crowded subway in downtown Toronto.  I was feeling anxious so the hemmed in feeling was making me moreso.  A very irate lady got on the car and began to aggressively push her way through the crowds.  In typical Toronto fashion people just tutted and turned away.  Normally I would have too...however my anxiety of the moment prompted me to challenge this woman.  I simply told her there was no need for all of this behaviour...her response was predicable...a flury of mild oaths and somehting about minding my own (blankety blank business).  I was embarrassed but for some reason got into a back and forth with her.  My final response was "I know what I'm going to do for you"...she sneered and asked me what that was going to be...I said "I'm going to pray for you"...her mouth dropped as did all the other passengers.  The problem with this was that I am not particularly religious and only use church for legally being able to sit for an entire hour and do nothing!  The woman said "I don't need the likes of you to pray for me"..."Too late" I quipped already  "already done"!  In my head I did ask for peace and less anger for this woman...Eventually the cars cleared out and many passengers gave me a smile and one elderly woman thanked me and said I made her feel better.  Finally the woman with the anger got ready to get off ...she stared at me and as the doors opened she leaned in and said "I really needed someone to pray for me"..I smiled and she even forced one back....I guess my point is that even seemingly angry or mean people too have their 'things' and people like us who have anxiety are sometimes more sensitive to it and have an ability to empathize.  One thing for sure a potentially rotten situation turned into a rather nice one for many people...As for me I felt wonderful the whole day through and maybe in someway the woman will pass it on!  Maybe people who disregard others simply need a thought given to them?  Sorry for rambling on so much but many of your words of acceptance et. al. reminded me of a lot of things...Thanks

Michael
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you so much for sharing your answer DazedMommy. You are right about a smile

Anyone else care to share?

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 313 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi...

I agree with you too Minn and here are my answers...

1.  I would like other people to be accepting... no matter color, creed, religion, disabilities etc.
2.  I would like other people to be kind...in thoughts,words and spirit
3.  I would like to believe that people for the most part mean well but maybe don't have the education or experiences yet to open their eyes to new and different things
4.  I think I would it would make it easier to for me to not expect the worst...  and hope for the best..
5.  I would like the world to be free of hate and greed... One fuels and creates the other...
6.  I would be less fearful

Although I alone can't change the world I sure can do my darndest to make my time here a pleasant and wonderful experience for those who know me and those who just pass by...  Even a smile (which are free) can often make a difference between a good day and a bad day...

DM

15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I couldnt agree with you more Min .

Reading this thread: