Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,479 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Good Samaritans Do Exist

12 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs !

Beautiful !!

Red..

12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Carmie,
One message I hear repeatedly is that people are sources, not models.  I just realized this does something special for those of us on this site.

It drops the issue of performance, and connects us with the people
12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What a terrific story and what beautiful sentiments, Hugs!  I have been trying to find ways to show my mother how much I value her presence in my life and the lives of my children.  It's not easy.  How wonderful that you honor your mother with the way you live your life.  I strive to do the same, Hugs!
Hi Samantha,

Just to show how lucky I am, after I lost my temper, my mom got out of her funk, to join me while I was cooking.   She asked me for forgiveness, when I selfishly pointed out her meddling in an old relationship. Maybe its her way of living some religious aspect of this weekend. 

All I know is I’m living with a saint. She’s not the kind that anyone will ever recognize, except in a eulogy.

It’s the kind of way I wish to be remembered too

12 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What a great feeling, it is the small acts of kindness than can really go a long way! Hopefully you can find an opportunity to pay it forward and keep the streak going.

Samantha, Health Educator
As I crawl out of the flu, drained of energy, I noticed little things that make me grateful.

My waste bins were placed on our sidewalk.  It couldn't be our neighbours, since their bins were untouched, and the workers don't do more than they can(no pun) since they don't usually.

It made such a difference to not have to drag them up off the curb, since my legs have been rubbery, and I feel as though I have no energy, but need to resume life...slowly.

I want to resume life slowly, leaving a cushion of energy every day to greet people, and at the end of the day to meditate.  I've been so tired, it's been hard to find that time to meditate or do PBX, and all those activities are so important.

This reminds of the song by Paul McCartney...

"Don't get too tired for love,
Don't let it end.
Don't say goodnight to love,
It may never be the same again...."

Reading this thread: