Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

real progress

13 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Diane welcome to the site, it really does work! it does take time and alot of will power and a lot of effort  but anything is possible!! Good luck and be sure to post a lot, there are a lot of regulars here who have bags of experience ready to answer any question and give undying support.

Thank you Davit and Red, i really have come a long way. but just to remind im not 'cured' yet, my body gave me some heart flutters to deal with because i was getting cocky lol, no panic and no anxiety just annoyance and went about my normal day.

Sunny II
13 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations!  I am new to the program.  I am glad to hear that it was helpful for you.
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunny ll,

Congradulations!  You really have made a lot of progress since coming here and working the program.. Job well done.
I really enjoyed reading your success story this morning..Its success stories like yours the give others hope. It inspires them to give the program a try...I so am glad you have decided to stay on and help others here in the support group..We really do lift each other up and help each on this road to freedom. Thanks for sharing yourself and your story will us all..

Red
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunhot

Congratulations. It is a long road and I'm sure if you look around you will find you are not alone. Reach out to others that you can help and it will be a much pleasanter journey and the time will go by faster.

Bet you never thought it could be like this. Life is for living, enjoy it. Glad it is coming together for you. Keep posting please.

Your friend 
Davit
13 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i feel like i have made some real progress since i joined this website, thank you all for contributing to this feeling of mental........don't really know what adjective to use here......peace......i think i have found have a little piece of peace.

the last few months have been hectic, i was in the hospital for two weeks, my personal record was 11 panic attacks in one day, i was taking 6mg of ativan a day, suffering from depersonalisation every day, lost all my friends, alienated my family, lost all sense of worth, erased my beliefs, value, ethics, lost my identity and was pretty close to being dead....

this was definetly a wake up call; today i meditate, i treat myself and others with unconditional love, i display my emotions instead of bottling them up, i have my friends back, im closer with my family, i havent had any panic attack for weeks, and no anxiety for at least 7 days. im still sick with the flu and today my whole head is congested, 2 months ago this would have resulted in a panic attack, today i can clearly think and know that it is a minor annoyance but will be cleared up in a few days...this is why i feel at peace today.

i now have a tremendous respect for the human brain, treat your brain good and your brain will treat you good!!

this website has contributed so much in terms of laying out a plan, and the fellow members have provided so much support just by being here and by being a group of people that i can relate, the forums are the first place i would turn to when i felt anxious. with the help of this website, my other CBT group and my support network that i setupas soon as i could, a little bit of education and support goes a long way. meditation and yoga were also key to my recovery to date.

there is still a long road ahead, im down to 10mg of paxil aday, that was cut down last week and i still rely on sleeping pills to get me to sleep...so i still have goals to remove the medication completely.

i have had several major setback but feel i dealt with them well. i feel strong again, happy, SELF-RELIANT and above all confident. i am back at work full time, i have all my friends back, i have removed negative influences from my life and i even had a hot date for valentines!

once again thank you all for letting me VENT! i will still be here, contributing, still working the path  but if anyone has any questions about my journey please ask me, i feel i have learnt alot and really want to give back to the community.

Sunny II

Reading this thread: