Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

I Won

14 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ashely,

Basically I have been using the 10 question list to challenge my anxious thoughts and this has been helping my analyze them and work through the anxiety and panic.  I just take take each anxious thought as they come up and work through it in my head till I have calmed down and can think rationally.  I also discuss my feeling with my partner.  He has been very supportive.  Like this morning the gas and light company came to the door and said they were going to replace my meter which was going to damage my stucco.  I got very angry and started raising my voice to this person.  I found out what my choices were and made some phone calls.  My partner and I talked about it and went back and talked to the repair man and came to a meeting of the minds, as I am typing they are outside replacing my meter. I was able to get my panic and rage under control and not let it fester and eat me up inside.  My partner is very handy and will be fixing the stucco.  It won't cause that much damage.  Using the 10 question list has been the most helpful to me and being determined that I am not going to let this anxiety/panic disorder control me or my life anymore is pushing me forward.  I really do want a better life.  I am 55 and  feel I have no to time to waste.  The clock is ticking.   Well I have to get go out and see what is going on with my gas meter and stucco now.    Talk to you all later.

Red
14 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes Red!

I can hear the fight in you! You are doing awesome!  What are some of the ways your have been challenging your anxious thoughts? What is your internal dialogue saying?

Ashley

14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red 

They didn't have duct tape when Humpty Dumpty fell off the wall. Your doing great, keep it up.

Humpty Dumpty fell off the wall
Humpty Dumpty fell on his head
All the kings men and all the kings hall
Had scrambled eggs for breakfast instead.

Being silly is positive.
Davit.
14 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am still challenging my anxious thoughts and I am winning.  I have been upset about jury duty all day and have taken some positive action.  I was letting my fears paralyze me  again and  I was really getting sick of it.  I decided I wasn't going to let them get the best of me and win this time.  I decided to get up leave the house and go to the pool and on the way home I decided to stop and get my hair cut.  I really think I am beginning to get my fight back.  I never thought I would be able to put myself back together again just like Humpty Dumpty.  But here I am doing it, and I am winning  YAH!!!!
Red

Reading this thread: