Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,492 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Hello

7 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Koroleva,

I am so sorry to read what you have been going through. I am glad you are going to see a psychologist - it will be important for you continue with this. PTSD and manic depression can lesson with proper treatment. You can take control of your symptoms.

No need to worry about coming across pretentious or snobby - You did not come across that way at all. In fact, many individuals who have anxiety symptoms often also have higher intelligence then average. It takes a lot of brain power to think about all the ways things can go wrong. So you came across as intelligent and ambitious - not pretentious.

Although you will require tailored treatment it might be helpful for you to complete this program in order to learn some basic Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) principles that may assist you in  managing your anxious symptoms. Have you had a chance to get started yet? Any questions so far?

Ashley, Health Educator
7 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Trying this site out because I really need to get myself together... Scheduled to see a psychologist on the 2nd. I was diagnosed with PTSD and manic depression about 2 years ago after a sexual assault, and I haven't been able to hold a job for more than 3 months because of it... I just feel like I want to disappear... I was planning on becoming a parole officer by now, but the person I am now, and the person I was then are two completely different people now. 

Currently working on law degree in taxes since that mostly involves paperwork... but lately any mistake I make paralyzes me in fear of getting fired... I wont go into details, but I just work an entry level vault position right now... 

And my thoughts are racing because I don't want to seem to pretentious or snobby, since I'm often accused of that even though that is farthest from my intentions... 

Ugh. I just feel like giving up. :(

Reading this thread: