Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Newbie from AZ here

8 years ago 0 11210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry for the late reply Nicole. You weren't having a good day last time you posted. How are you doing now? How has it been working on the CBT?

Ashley, Health Educator
8 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi newbie, I was just wondering how you are feeling. I've been in your position. The feelings of  guilt were horrible, I felt like I  ran my husband to death. I found a good counselor and started feeling better, with the help of medicine as well. But lately, I've had a couple of attacks while driving and it's put me back to dwelling on the fear of another one. I try to think back to how many times I've overcome this and functioned well. That helps me a lot. Hope you are starting to feel better.
8 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ashley,

Thank you for the welcome. I printed the homework from week one but was not able to fill any of it out during bad days over the past week.,, I had family in town and while entertaining them, kept forgetting my papers. I did get around to seeing a psychiatrist but am not too thrilled with his plan of action for me so I am really hoping I can throw myself into CBT instead. Today is not a good day... but I partially blame that on recovering from the stress of family visiting. Hoping tomorrow will be a better day, and I will put my panic attack forms in my car for easier access when they are relevant :)
Thanks Nicole. It's good to hear you had success with CBT before!
8 years ago 0 11210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Nicole28,

I am sorry to hear that the agoraphobia is getting worse. It sounds like you have been trying your best to trudge through the anxiety but you are hitting too many obstacles. Good for you for coming here and looking for resources to get well. I think you will find you will notice a difference soon. Take your time working through each session and be sure to do all the homework. The homework is the most essential piece of this program. Also, I encourage you to read and post often here. The more thought you put into this the more quickly you will get well. How are you doing today? How are you finding the program?
Ashley, Health Educator
8 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Nicole, (I'm Nicole too!). I'm also brand new using this and can completely get the worry about going to the Dr to get help...from the Dr! But I do too hope this CBT will help. There are so many good reviews out there about it that it's always worth a go. I have had CBT before, for a short period, and it did help me. I hadn't travelled by car for a few months and after some CBT I was able to be in the car and travel a few minutes to my destination. I had a small set back occur but I know I've done it before so it can be done again! Hope you're enjoying the CBT so far :)
Hi All! My name is Nicole, I am a 28 y/o stay at home mother of three girls. I found this program because my agoraphobia with panic disorder has become worse than usual recently and I can't get into a psychiatrist until next week. It will be my first time seeing one in 5 years (anyone else too anxious about the doctors to get help from the doctors?) My husband is very helpful and supportive of me, but he also works a ridiculous amount and I feel bad that his days off are spent running the errands that I can no longer handle. I'm scared my issues are affecting my kids, that they are hurt mommy never volunteers to go on field trips, or won't go to the back of the grocery store. Forget trains, elevators, boats, buses and airplanes, they already know those are big nos for me. I'm realizing how narrow I have made the world I live in, with the "safe" places and ways I do things. I wasn't rid of my panic, I was just a functioning agoraphobic before, and now I can't white-knuckle it anymore, my illness is showing through again. I need actual help. So, I am hoping CBT will help me retrain my mind to stop searching for the "safe" places and learn to no longer fear the panic attacks but "float" with them. I look forward to getting to know everyone and hope I can be a positive contribution to the group.

Reading this thread: