Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Hi there

8 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am so glad to hear everything is ok with your health. I am also glad to hear you have a supportive doctor.

It's also very positive that you have a goal to leave your job soon as it sounds like it is really stressful. As you cannot leave yet it sounds like the only thing you can do is work on changing your perspective. If we can't change the situation or leave the situation our only option is to work on acceptance or work on changing out perspective. The program can help with this. Reading over what you wrote in your last message, has anything changed in your perspective? Was your assumption right? How did it go?

Ashley, Health Educator
8 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I did see my doctor who is always very kind to me. She checked the rash and determined it was hives. The breast issue turned out to be nothing, but again, she was kind and explained why I felt what I did.

The one thing she did say that I can't take as reassurance is that I should go see her anytime I want. I won't be doing that.

As for how I'm doing, I have a job I absolutely hate and on Tuesday I have to take care of yet another matter that is causing my so much anxiety and it's something I can't avoid. I'm not in a position to leave this job yet, but my goal is to be out of it by the end of 2016.

In the meantime, all I think about is how I'm going to handle this situation and how the person is going to react. I can only assume she will be devastated. No, I'm not having to let her go, but it's just as bad. I often wonder if my job is what makes me so high strung all the time. Most of today was spent in tears and I'm not sure why.

8 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Molly204,

First of all, congratulations on deciding to make some changes in your life. You certainly deserve happiness in your life so I am glad you are making the necessary changes to get there. If you are concerned about something on your breast and are getting a rash I thinking checking it out is a good idea. If that will give you peace of mind then it is certainly worth it. Have you had a chance to get to the doctor? How are you doing today?
Ashley, Health Educator
8 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I get where you are coming from. I will be panic free for a long time and then out of no where, they hit for no good reason. I don't hesitate to see my counselor or my gp to get that piece if mind. We do what it takes to make us feel better. Hope you really do enjoy your vacation!
8 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I suffer from health anxiety. It creeps up on my at random times.

I've done cognitive behaviours therapy in the past and it's been helpful, but when I have flare-ups, everything I learned has gone out the window.

I'm at a point in my life where I'm making changes. I'm pursuing things in life I've always wanted and looking to leave a job that I hate. I know there is a connection here because it's like I'm not allowing myself to be happy.

The last few months I've been anxious and nervous all the time. That's when the checking begins. I know it's wrong and I try to control it, but sometimes up I can't stop myself. Now I have a rash that comes and goes, and I'm convinced I've found something suspicious above one of my breasts. This has basically paralyzed me.

I have a dream vacation planned in a month and I can't bring myself to look forward to it because of my fears.

I'm planning to make an appointment with my GP which is the wrong thing to do, but if I don't get my piece of mind, I'm not sure how I'll function.

I wish I could be one of those carefree people, but sadly I am who I am.

Reading this thread: