Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

My Introduction

12 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks to everyone for the support!

I am definitely finding the program to be helpful and look forward to working with it and  chatting to everyone. 
12 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kezza,

Welcome and thank you for sharing.  Knowing your triggers is half the battle!  Read through the program and familiarize yourself with knowledge, support and tools to help you progress.

The members can share experiences and support, so post often with us.  Continue to work with your doctor for added support.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Josie, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
welcome to the program kezza.
i have anxiety for about 12 years now and i must say that the program is fantastic.
its a great place to release and to chat  about any issues you may have with anxiety and also share
experiences with others.you'll find it very helpful here.

ruadhan

Thanks for your reply!

No specific questions about the program as of yet--I have read a lot about anxiety/panic disorders etc.. and CBT. I was diagnosed a few years ago and have done research since then--but I am finally getting to a point where i realise that I don't have to endure life like this and really need to do something about it!
12 years ago 0 376 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kezza! Welcome to the forums.  Thank you for sharing a bit of your story with us.  You have found a good program to work with.  If you have any questions about the lessons, don't hesitate to ask... we look forward to hearing more from you.  Any surprises in the lessons yet?  Things you didn't already know?
Hello Everyone,

I just joined the group this week and am starting to read through the lessons. I have struggled with anxiety and panic attacks for 10 years or so...they first started in my early twenties/late teens. I didn't realise for many years what was even going on--I just assumed that I was a little high strung and that most people had these anxiety and thoughts. After years of just 'dealing' I finally spoke to a doctor about it and she diagnosed me with "generalised anxiety disorder" with panic attacks. I'm not on any daily medications for it--I decided not to go with SSRIs. I do have lorazepam but I only take it on an 'as needed' basis. Sometimes I will have two in a day other times I will go weeks taking none. One of the things that triggers my anxiety is alcohol. If I go out on a Saturday night and drink I always have ridiculous anxiety the next day--which sometimes leads to more wine...to take the edge off. It's a vicious cycle. I know the obvious answer is to stop drinking alcohol--but I would like to be able to go to a party or out for dinner or hang out with my friends and drink and feel normal the next day! Anyway I suppose I can post about the specifics in another thread. 

Just wanted to say hello to everyone and say I'm really looking forward to this program.

Reading this thread: