Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Lynn123

2024-03-18 10:20 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-17 1:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 6:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Myth or Fact

2024-02-23 3:25 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 1 1

Most Loved

Browse through 411.740 posts in 47.052 threads.

160,396 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GRHODA MAUI MARIE, Enordin, IRN, MNICOLE, AYNA NICOLE

New Here too

13 years ago 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kendra,

I enjoyed reading your initial story and the posts following afterward; the succession of stories and posts was very inspirational. I like your initial post and how you were nervous and anxious about going out into the world of work, and going for interviews and such, and then as time went on you found the courage to go out for interviews and then you landed a job! That's just awesome!

Spartan
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Woohoo Kendra!  Congratulations.  Don't worry about starting a new job.  As Davit says, there is an amount of time they give new employees to jump on board.  They saw something in you which is a fit for this job or they wouldn't have hired you.  So that's a positive already.  Take some deep breaths, just do your best and be yourself and enjoy!  Always exciting to begin something new - and don't forget, new jobs are stressful for everybody, whether they have this anxiety disorder or not.  Give yourself a reward and a big pat on the back.  This is a positive thing to celebrate. Woohoo!

Let us know how it goes.
Your friend, Sunny
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kendra,
Wow! Good going! You did it! Be proud of yourself..let us know how it goes.
Cleo
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kendra

Love the picture icon.

Congratulations! 

I think to be normal you have to obsess and worry a bit. But accepting it and dwelling on the good news, that you have a job and you are going to do the best you can to keep it should balance it out don't you think, I mean you were good enough in the interview, why shouldn't you be good enough at the job. Here I will give you my confidence. I have faith in you. All jobs take a breaking in period where you feel lost, that is normal. Please come here and tell us how it is going when you start. I really want to know and you know I will be here for you.

Again, congratulations
Davit.
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kendra,
Congratulations on landing the job.  You had the confidence in yourself to land this job and you will have the confidence to do this job very well.  I am sure of it. 

Red
13 years ago 0 250 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I went through another couple of interviews after I posted. I actually got a job! Now I have to work through the anxiety of actually starting a new job, which I know everyone goes through, but it is still pretty tough.

I hope I didn't make myself out to be too great during the interview! I hope I do ok and I am hoping that I won't obsess and worry too much in the mean time. I start on the 9th. I also need to dig deep and find what little confidence I have.

Thanks everyone!
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Kendra:  Hope to hear more from you.  Keep posting and studying CBT program.  It's the best.
13 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Kendra and welcome!  I'm new too and slowly making my way through the program.  I do know that I felt a little better after just reading the first section.  Best of luck to you - you can do this!!

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kendra

I am so glad you are happy here. Please work the program and if you have any questions just ask. Yes some times it does take an outside person looking in to notice what we are doing. Good and bad. This is why the group works so well. Right now in the back of your mind you are probably telling yourself you will never get better but you will try anyway. Believe me you will. This is a very good site with people who have succeeded who are still here to help those still working at it. I will always be here as an example. I was an absolute wreck on the verge of ending it all, sick of attacks every night and incapable of going anywhere or doing anything. You can't tell now, but it is the truth. The program works, it takes time but it does work

Here for you
Your friend
Davit.
13 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
We're all here cheering you on Kendra!  You can do it!

Reading this thread: