Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,488 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

New to the group

15 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Savannah,

Great quote!! So true!

Ashley, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just wanted to say - congratulations Brandie.  You went to the birthday party and even though you didn't feel quite right, you still did it!  I think it's important to really pat ourselves on the back when we do something we thought we couldn't do.  Lord knows, we tear ourselves up when we shouldn't.

"Courage is not the absense of fear.  It's feeling the fear, and doing it anyway"
15 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

I appreciate your advice.  I'm glad things are improving and you were able to enjoy your daughters birthday.  I hope they continue to get better.

15 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes Beth, It is getting easier for me to go out and eat and go to the grocery store. Tonight I went to eat for my daughters birthday and I still felt a little anxious and a little restless. Like when I walked in the restaurant a dizzy feeling came over me and it lasted throughout dinner but It was not intense as before. That was my only symptom. I use to get the racing heart, the sweaty feet and hands, the sickness and felt like I might have been trembling. So yes, It's definetly an improvement. Now if I could just get over the off balance or faint feeling I would have to say, I'd be 100%. I am contributing the Paxil to some of the dizziness. I was real faint or dizzy when i first started it, then it started to subside, but today for some reason It was a little worse than the last couple of days. I did have my eyes checked and ears just to be sure. Both doctors said Paxil and anxiety can cause the off balance feeling. I should not use the word dizzy because i'm not really spinning. Ok, enough babbling. Just hang in there and do what the doctors say and you will get better or at least be able to function alot better. Just remember to not give up hope if your first medicine does not work. Some can intensify the anxiety so much that it's unbearable and if this happens to you, you will know that it's not the right medicine. Most take weeks to start working, even as long a 6 weeks but you should not feel too much worse when you start taking a pill. If you feel to much worse just call the office and they will advise you on what to do.
Hello Brandie

Thanks for that.   It sounds like you've found the pills that work for you and they are working really quickly whic is good.  Are you able to do things that made you anxious before or is it too soon to say?

All the best,
Beth
15 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Beth!!! I have tried a few different medicines which I had ugly side effects from.  I started Paxil 20 mg about 2 and 1/2 weeks ago and i'm almost feeling normal again. I was on Xanax for about 8 weeks after my diagnosis on Dec 26 of this year, then switched to Klonopin for about 2 weeks now all I use is the paxil at night before bed.  I have some dizziness left that comes and goes throughout the day, but overall i'm feeling 80% better already. If you get a medicine and it don't work for you don't get discouraged. You will find one that works. I haven't had morning anxiety (which was the worst for me) for about 4 days. (knock on wood) I am so glad to be feeling better. I still get anxious thoughts once in awhile, but they are far better than they had been. So, never give up cuz there is something for you that will work.
15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Beth!

Good for you for working with your doctor.  Don't forget to take a copy of the anxiety test with you to help you better assess the situation and pinpoint areas you can work and progress through. Look through the program and read the knowledge.  It can give you a better understanding of what is going on.

Do a search for medications within the site and you will find lots of information shared by the members.

Post often, we are always here.

Josie, Health Educator
Hello

I just thought I'd introduce myself.  I've been feeling anxious for a number of years now.  I don't really have panic attacks as such.  Having read what others go through they sound pretty rough and unpleasant.  I have more of a general anxiety where I avoid lots of situations because of the way they make me feel.  As a consequence I don't really do much which I find frustrating as I'm brilliant at speculating how badly it will all turn out.  I looking forward to being able to turn that talent into a positive thing!  Hopefully this site will help.

I've a doctors appointment in a few weeks and was thinking about seeing if I could get some meds.  I'd appreciate some advise on whether they are helpful or best avoided as I don't really know much about possible side effects etc.

Thanks.

Reading this thread: